Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ktcassis

Re: Screen Mirroring stopped working

Regards!

I'm Katia, and ma having the very same issue. I used to connect from two different Xiaomi on My Semp Roku TV. Just about today, it stoped working totally. 

It still shows (on - with the viewing from the phones - "screen mirroring - as its function is called on Xiaomi Phones - 9S and a Poco X3 Pro, both with MIUI 13) on both smartphones that I used to screen mirroring, but it do never succeed, just keep rolling, disappear from "screen mirroring 'end points'", and if I do try again, keeps going on that way every single time.

I've tried all the suggested troubleshooting (about security on any way: "prompt, alaways permit, blocked devices - there was none, Device connect - on the advanced tab, it was on and I did turn that off and on once to certifiy). 

Still on, after all that, I did just not the "Factory Reset" from the OS way, but also the "Physical Reset Button". Nothing has worked out.

Here are my Semp Roku Tv Data, so I hope that you guys, may have a hand on helping me here also!

Sincerely regards, and... Thank on advance!

And on, here is the Data:

Model:  8126X - Roku Tv

Serial Number: X00500ARR8K4 (S09Y64DRR8K4)

SO Version: 12.5.5 - Review 4171-D0

GC Version: 11.6.21

Registering time (GMT-3): 2024:06-02T02:42:33Z

Issue ID Reporting: K4-220-482

One more thing: Its up the actual date (06/01/24).

0 Kudos
Effini
Reel Rookie

Add me to the list. My previous Roku tv had no issue with casting/mirroring. My new one seems to have a problem. I can't connect from android phone, nor from pc (win 10). All devices see the tv but when I try to connect they timeout or display an error ("Couldn't connect"). I've spent 90min going through every single solution shown online. Rebooted everything. Checked for updates - all up to date. Removed from windows device list. etc Nothing has worked

43" Roku 

TCL 43S450R

Hardware G182X

SW 12.5.0 - build 5213-CG

0 Kudos
Kongkongsr

You guys give the same answer over and over. Just admit you don't have no idea what's going on. It is some kind of update and it don't want us to cast anymore. Something to do with money more than likely. Taking away by casting. Some kind of thinking in that line.

0 Kudos
kealoha93

@RokuJohnB can I please also have assistance in this. I’ve been working on reading every response on multiple posts to get a response and been trying for hours (soft reset, factory reset, flipped every mode in all settings, checked wifi, etc) and I give up. I need you all to please just help me get back to this. I used to be able to screen mirror and airplay from my iPhone/laptop as well as use the Roku app as a remote. I now can’t do any of those things. 

My issue report tracker info is below:

Model 7117X - Roku TV

SERIAL number YS00FM997316

GC: 11.10.22

ISSUE ID: 16-304-189

0 Kudos
Thomah

Moel 3900x serial yg008w341295 software 13.1.4 build 1512-51 gc version 11.11.16 issue id 95-330-780

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Thomah,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with your Roku Express's screen mirroring. No worries; we are more than happy to assist you with this.

Before we proceed, could you kindly let us know the type of device you're trying to mirror with your Roku Express? In the meantime, we recommend you try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

What track is? Where do u get that

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.