Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfgower
Channel Surfer

No backdrop feature on Roku Ultra running 13.1.4 build 1512

Jump to solution

** No backdrop feature on Roku Ultra running 13.1.4 build 1512 **

I have followed the instructions from Roku. There is no backdrop feature. There is no backdrop app. I have checked settings under the Home menu, as well as elsewhere. Clicked every path I could think of. Nothing.

Does anyone have any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No backdrop feature on Roku Ultra running 13.1.4 build 1512

Jump to solution

Hey @sfgower,

Thanks for posting and your interest in our Roku Backdrops.

Get ready to elevate your viewing experience with Backdrops! We're excited to announce that our new Backdrops feature is currently rolling out across supported Roku devices.

With Backdrops, you can customize your Roku home screen with beautiful and captivating images. From stunning landscapes to abstract art, there's something for everyone.

Stay tuned for updates on when Backdrops will be available on your device. We appreciate your patience and can't wait for you to enjoy this exciting new feature!

Best,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @sfgower,

Thanks for posting and your interest in our Roku Backdrops.

Get ready to elevate your viewing experience with Backdrops! We're excited to announce that our new Backdrops feature is currently rolling out across supported Roku devices.

With Backdrops, you can customize your Roku home screen with beautiful and captivating images. From stunning landscapes to abstract art, there's something for everyone.

Stay tuned for updates on when Backdrops will be available on your device. We appreciate your patience and can't wait for you to enjoy this exciting new feature!

Best,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sfgower
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This response is useless. Sorry.

I have read the standard instructions.

On my Roku Ultra, there is no Backdrop item under Settings Home menu.

There is no Backdrop app in the streaming store.

I need advice for when the standard advice *fails* to work..

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@sfgower, it's all there in the response.  It's rolling out.  No Roku devices that aren't TVs have it yet.  You just have to be patient.  Roku doesn't do anything quickly.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sfgower
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks. That is informative. I thought from the posts the feature was fully rolled our. Evidently not.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.