Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku not working since update 2024

please reply to address who raised this issue :

which is mine please, 

factory reset, reboot , nothing works , now have a screen saying select language, handset Roku does not respond and can do nothing 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sallyjc,
We appreciate the information that you have provided to us!

For us to proceed with the appropriate action to resolve this, could you please send us a private message with your current shipping address and phone number?
To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Note: Depending on your role in the community, you might be able to send a message to a group of users based on their role or rank in the community. If so, you can choose a role or a rank.
  6. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  7. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  8. Click Send Message.
  9. You can look for the messages you've sent in the Sent tab.

To learn more about how to send a private message, click this Community link: Help - Roku Community
We'll be anticipating it!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ewibolo

My app won’t connect to the tv since update also. Please correct and put it another update. I’ve tried restarting, power down, unplug, to no avail. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Ewibolo,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out, and we appreciate you sharing your experience about this. This isn't what we aim for.

We'd like to take a step in here and see how we can get you started.

Please let us know.

• What are the steps to reproduce the issue?
  • Is this happening on all the channels on the platform, or is this an isolated case?
  • What specific model of Roku device is this behavior occurring on? (Settings>System>About)
  • What brand and model of TV is the Roku device connected to?

Tell us more about this so that we can hop on it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jrebekah83
Reel Rookie

I'm able to connect to the TV but the Roku app on my phone no longer gives me the option to watch on mobile when I click on the 3 dots. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jrebekah83,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are grateful that you brought attention to this problem with the Roku Mobile app, and we are prepared to assist.

You can try reinstalling the program and trying again to see if that helps if you haven't attempted any troubleshooting yet.

Please let us know if the change is noticeable.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jrebekah83
Reel Rookie

Thanks. I uninstalled Roku from my phone and reinstalled it. It still only gives me the stick as a device option, not my phone. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for acknowledging our response, and we appreciate you for keeping us posted, @jrebekah83

We'd like to take a closer look at this. Could you please send us a screenshot of the Roku mobile app interface referring to the option to stream for mobile? Additionally, could you please send us the following:

• Roku mobile app version.
  • Mobile device brand, model, and OS version.

This information would be useful for us to see things better and determine how it can be addressed.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ron-8675309
Reel Rookie

Mine started today Feb 26. 2024. 

The only thing that opens is settings and connection are good 👍.  

Nothing appearing on anything from home, what to watch, live TV,... can't even search...

They show connected to the internet and you can use the menu on the side but nothing shows on the options: no apps, no choices no anything. Mine is External Roku device connected to my TV 📺 

0 Kudos
Ron-8675309
Reel Rookie

Go to Settings> System>System Restart 

This worked for me. Yay 🙌 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.