Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku times out and jumps back to the Home Screen after a few seconds of watching

How do I get the Roku to stop timing out and jumping back to the Home Screen? I have a new TCL Roku TV and it doesn’t even have a screen saver option so I’m not sure how to adjust that to make it stop jumping out of programs (and yes I’ve reset, factory reset, and tried it on all channels:free tv, live tv, Disney+, Netflix, all of them!) It always jumps back to the Home Screen after a minute or less. Sometimes it will stop after 5 times, sometimes it won’t stop and I just get tired and go to bed. Please tell me how to fix this situation, or is the only solution to buy a completely different TV?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku times out and jumps back to the Home Screen after a few seconds of watching

Hi @CCrawford04,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having trouble with your Roku device. Also, thanks for letting us know about this and sharing the troubleshooting steps you took to resolve the issue.

We'd like to take action on this, but we need more details to see if there are any options that we can look further into.

Refer to these questions to better identify the issue you're experiencing:

• When did the issue occur?
  • Are there any recent changes on your Roku device, perhaps in the setup or settings, that might cause the problem?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Have you tried to navigate to Home > Settings > Theme > Screen Saver for the option to change?

For troubleshooting purposes, we suggest restarting your Roku device by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.