Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

Roku not working since update 2024

has anyone been able to access tv channels ( handset not working , Home Screen Frozen then disappears) following update Jan 2024 ?

please 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not working since update 2024

Hi @Sallyjc,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? What is the software OS/version of your Roku device? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels installed on your Roku device? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply

i use TPLink

all lights on

roku Home Screen eventually comes on

i can not use the handset at all nothing works

( not a problem with batteries I changed them )

no channels

cant go to set up

nothing ….

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for the added information, @Sallyjc.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience this may have caused. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed further, may we know what specific Roku streaming player you are having this issue with? Mentioning that you are unable to navigate to your Home screen, have you tried factory resetting it? 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to provide you with an accurate resolution. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

No I haven’t 

I have been told by the supplier not to do that 

only to reboot 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sallyjc,

Thank you for the additional information!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with your Roku device since, after the update, it will not work. Can you please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device? How are you powering your Roku device? Is it directly plugged into a wall outlet or power strip?

We'll wait for your response, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

IMG_6286.jpeg

0 Kudos
DestinyK

We have 5 Roku’s, 2 built into the TV and 3 external ones. The 3 external ones have stopped working this past week, all three the same issue. They show connected to the internet and you can use the menu on the side but nothing shows on the options: no apps, no choices no anything. We’ve tried all options that are the general go to fix issues so the update must have killed the external devices. Any help would be appreciated 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello, @DestinyK.

Thank you for elaborating on your concern. We are happy to assist.

May we know what steps you have taken so far in an attempt to fix this issue? Have you tried a factory reset by clicking the reset button on the device? Kindly do this to put the device settings on default. This should fix the concern. Also, rebooting your router is highly suggested as well.

Please inform us of what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sallyjc
Channel Surfer

I have done both , the screen stays stuck on choice of languages, the handset does not work

no channels available , no connection between handset and screen / Roku