Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happycactus
Reel Rookie

[OS 13] Automatic exit Guest Mode, bad firmware update.

Remote didn't help. I had to use the reset button on the back of all the TV's (4 of them) and the one Roku Device I had. It took multiple attempts but I did get them all working. You have to start from scratch like a factor reset and reprogram through your email etc..

0 Kudos
Dstrick

[OS 13] Automatic exit Guest Mode, bad firmware update.

I’m having the same issue and I’ve done the reset to recovery mode. Keeps doing the same thing over and over. 

0 Kudos

Re: [OS 13] Automatic exit Guest Mode, bad firmware update.

I have 15 ft TVs just in the past few days I've had four out of 15 in guest mode reboots over and over and signs out. Do you know anybody have the same problem and yes a factory reset it and it comes back.

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We are aware of the issue, and our appropriate Roku team is still investigating it. Once more information is available, we will update this community thread.

In the meantime we would like to request your Roku TV/device information to forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Thank you for your understanding. Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbtcl

TCL model 55s451

Serial number x01200amlm8j

Device Id s0js623mlm8j

0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mbtcl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your device information with us. To help you better, could you please provide the exact behavior you’re currently experiencing? Additionally, could you let us know your OS version by going to Settings > System > About?

Also, have you tried a factory reset to see if that resolves the issue?

Looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbtcl

I’m experiencing the same issue as so many others. TV is stuck turning off, then turning on, trying to sign out of guest mode…. Repeat, repeat.  The only option is to unplug

cannot retrieve OS version from settings.  In fact, cannot navigate the menu whatsoever, since the TV simply cycles as mentioned above.  I have had same issue on over a dozen TVs this week. Hisense, Onn, and this TCL.   

0 Kudos
mbtcl

also, the factory reset has not worked on any of the TVs to resolve the issue.  I’ve resolved the issue, maybe temporarily?, on all but three TVs, by unplugging for 12-24 hrs., then holding the on/off button on the TV for 60 seconds (another thread suggested this will deenergize the main board), then plugging it in.

0 Kudos
mbtcl

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve already logged in and turned off guest mode on all the TVs from the app.  Not sure if it works on the 9 not currently cycling on/off, but it has no affect on the three stuck in the cycle

0 Kudos

We are having the same issue in our vacation rental! 5 TVs all messed up this week. Same problem. Bought new ones today, same thing is happening! Guests are not pleased nor am I after dropping more money on new TVs only to have them break again! All are TCL Roku TVs. 43 inch and 55 inch. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.