Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every time someone checks out needs to manually exit Guest Mode

I’m having the same problem at my Airbnb. I have to manually exit guest mode for all of my TVs every time someone checks out. When the guest attempts to exit guest mode, they get a message that says “oops. There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later.” I’ve been having this issue for at least three months. It definitely undermines the main value of having Roku devices in a short term rental. Really looking forward to a fix.

Labels (1)
24 REPLIES 24
Dapirate

Re: Every time someone checks out needs to manually exit Guest Mode

Following, as I have the same issue. It seems to last longer if the power save features are disabled but after a while, the Roku enables the power save again and the checkout is reverted back to Dec 31st. Very odd behavior.

0 Kudos
GaeaTeam
Channel Surfer

Exactly the same issue Im having.  Is your sign out date set to Dec.31 all by itself. 

0 Kudos
GaeaTeam
Channel Surfer

Identical issue. Tech-support is useless. 

0 Kudos
GaeaTeam
Channel Surfer

Mine are doing the same thing.  I noticed the signout is set at December 31!  This is clearly a firmware issue.  It is insane that it is now October and this is not fixed. 

0 Kudos
RokuRiamie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CanadayComfort @GaeaTeam,

We understand that you are also having an issue with Guest mode on your Roku device or Roku TV. 

We highly suggest you try the step-by-step process on how to change the Guest Mode sign-out date:
You can change the sign-out date from the Guest Options menu.

1. Press Home on the Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Guest Options
  3. Select Change automatic sign-out date
  4. Navigate the calendar and choose a new date
  5. Select the highlighted Checkout button to confirm the date
    Guest Mode welcome screen with Select Checkout date highlighted

Furthermore, if the issue persists, we would like to have your Roku device/TV information so that we can coordinate this with our Roku-appropriate team. Kindly provide us with the following: 

• What is the OS version and model of your Roku device?
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We look forward to your response.

Regards,
Riamie

Riamie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulgust

I am experiencing this too. Turning off guest mode remotely doesn't solve the problem. The TV just keeps cycling through booting up, displaying "Guest Mode: Signing Out", and then shutting down and repeating. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Paulgust

Re: Stuck on "exiting guest. mode"

I did a hard reset of the TV and the problem appears to have cleared for now.

0 Kudos
UpsetGuestMode
Binge Watcher

All - the work around is to pre check in for your guest and turn off power management. This should then allow the roku to work correctly for the duration of the guest check in (until check out day). We have been pre signing in for each guest.

0 Kudos
Florida-Rentals
Binge Watcher

Thanks, @UpsetGuestMode. Hopefully, this will help the developers troubleshoot it. Now, pre-checking the guest requires you to be at the property, right? This can't be done remotely.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.