Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RABurdick
Reel Rookie

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

What's your system build?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Dear Community Users,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We believe that our team has previously updated you on this matter. Please note that you will be able to revert this issue in future updates.

We appreciate your feedback and will keep you posted on this thread as soon as we have additional information.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

@RokuERey and when will that be, just a rough estimate. It's been 5 months since the last one. My systems check daily. Heck even if you do a factory reset it will go back. You can't just keep saying something and not doing anything. Cause I can speak for myself if this isn't fixed by Black Friday I will purchase another system from a competitor. Money talks, bs walks. So when will the update be?

Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

@RokuJohnB 

"We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services."

Then why did you make the change without our permission. Seriously! Why!?! This isn't the best streaming experience and it's definitely not convenient for those with less than perfect vision. Give me a break on the corporate speak and answer with a time for the update.

Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

@RokuERey 

" However, I will make sure that your comment is shared with the appropriate Roku team so that it may be further evaluated."

Be sure they evaluate all the customers going to buy new TVs cause that will be happening. I'll sell everyone of them. None of my services are purchased through you. I don't need you, I want you cause yours seemed to be the best but now Y'ALL SUCK.

jimsz
Streaming Star

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We believe that our team has previously updated you on this matter. Please note that you will be able to revert this issue in future updates.

Sorry, empty words. This was pushed out and forced onto users with little thought on how it affects them just like the other recent forced changes. A month later and many struggle to use roku devices because the use interface is not too small for many.

No reason this couldnt have been pulled back almost immediately. The fact that roku never gave thought that this affects usability demonstrates that is either does not care about those who bought rokus or that it is simply clueless.

bubbles702

Oct 14 and I just had the layout change this morning too. Just wasted 20 min trying to figure out how to revert back. I agree, why are they still pushing this out?

jimsz
Streaming Star

@Tsc1234 that option is coming. No idea when, but shouldn't be too much longer. But I'm not going to make a guess on when, because that's a sure way it won't happen.

If Roku were interested in fixing this it would have been fixed months ago instead of still being pushed onto devices.

This isn't going to be fixed in all likelihood and Roku will shove additional cumbersome UI changes on users in order to monetize it's users.

Streaming boxes and TVs are now a mature platform so they must find money by mining the users because I am confident sales are flat. All the changes somehow fit into this.

A once respectable company has become sleazy.

0 Kudos
lencondry
Reel Rookie

As suggested I Messaged Roku about this issue and got this response…

”Thanks for reaching out to us. We understand and hear you. The option to choose between 3x3 and 4x4 home screen tile icons will be available on our upcoming 12.5 OS. The update is still slowly rolling out on each Roku device. Rest assured, this is already in progress. Your patience and understanding are very much appreciated in the meantime.😊

The trouble is I already have the 12.5 OS and there is no visible option to switch this setting.  I truly hope Roku will fix this issue VERY soon or I will likely be joining those buying a different company’s devices on Black Friday / Cyber Monday!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, Roku hasn't specified what version of 12.5 is going to have the ability to select the grid size. I still haven't seen it on any of mine, including the ones that receive beta builds. I believe them when they say it's coming, but they really should have set everyone back to the 3x grid until the menu option is added. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.