Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WTF1523
Reel Rookie

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

Hi there,

I don't know how to answer this question.  It's a Roku Ultra, from several years back...does that help?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@WTF1523 there are eight different versions of the Roku Ultra, so no that doesn't help a lot. But that shouldn't matter, as all versions of the Ultra are still supported and will have no problem running OS 12.5. Roku really needs to get this update rolled out as quickly as possible, and if there's some sort of issue with it they need to revert every device back to the 3x3 grid until it's ready. This really isn't good customer service the way it's being handled. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
zan-monk
Reel Rookie

Both my set-top Roku and my Roku TV are still like this and I HATE it... when will Roku be changing it back?!?!

Nosoynadie
Binge Watcher

They said version 12.5, but I have version 12.5 on my rokus and still no option for 3, so by that logic I'm going with never. I will be voting with my wallet and going to another vendor soon. I'll buy new ones one by one or maybe just sell them all. TV's aren't that expensive anymore.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @zan-monk @Nosoynadie 

We hear you and completely understand your input and greatly value your feedback, which helps to improve the Roku streaming devices/TVs as a streaming platform. 

Rest assured that our team will be aware of this, as your convenience and satisfaction are among our top priorities. In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.  

Let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address. We'd be more than willing to listen and take action as we are committed to finding a resolution to your concerns in the best way we can.

Sincerely,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

where is the comment that this is going to be changed in the next update? Have you gotten tired of trying to sell that?

I don't believe roku is ever going to change it back. They said with a system update, which is already out there, and nothings changed.

Im looking for what I'm going to replace my first to Roku's with they need updating. Black Friday is my friend.

Roku of this out without a major system update and for a couple of months they've been stringing their customers along.

0 Kudos
lencondry
Reel Rookie

I’m also doing the Black Friday standby.  I’ve seen too many responses from Roku promising the option is coming but it appears to be empty promises.  Sort of like they’re telling us to be good little sheep and that they know what’s best for their customers.  Currently looking at the Amazon Fire TV Cube as an option. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your input, @jimsz @lencondry 

We regret to hear about the inconvenience this may have caused you, and we certainly value your feedback.

This issue has been brought to the team's attention. Please be aware that Roku is constantly upgrading its platform to better serve and accommodate its users. We humbly ask for more of your patience and understanding as we are still working on this. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimsz
Streaming Star

• We humbly ask for more of your patience and understanding as we are still working on this. 

My patience ran out weeks ago. Roku forgot that quality product and ease of use is what built them. Not updates that make the product cumbersome to use by shoving more items onto the limited space of the screen.

And to think I am in the process of replacing nine Arlo cameras and was seriously considering the Roku cameras since they tie right into them streaming box. That's no longer an option as I'm going to start replacing my streaming boxes.

and to think I will soon be in the process of replacing nine Arlo cameras next year and was seriously considering the Roku cameras since they tie right into the streaming box. That's no longer an option as I'm going to start replacing my streaming boxes.

Roku has burnt any goodwill they built up with me

0 Kudos
zan-monk
Reel Rookie

I'm pretty frustrated and its been like this for almost a month so I'm losing patience. The other issue is that the HDMI inputs were moved into a new sub-menu which is absolutely stupid. I'd like them moved back to the main home menu. if its not addressed i will be replacing both the TV and set-top box with some other streaming device.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.