Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tv529
Reel Rookie

How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

I left my tv on overnight one night last week and, after waking the screen, my apps were displayed in four columns instead of the usual 3. How do I change it back? Four columns make the squares much smaller and harder for me to see. 

I can't seem to find my exact device, but I have the Roku remote and streaming box thingy to turn my tv into a Roku TV. My remote has buttons on the bottom half for Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, and Sling and no buttons on the side for volume. 

Labels (1)
243 REPLIES 243
jacob1017
Channel Surfer

Re: How to change Roku home screen app display from 4 columns back to 3

Same here. SuddenlyI have 4 icons across, instead of 3. Very hard to read. image.jpg

Rich521
Reel Rookie

Same here...wish I knew how to change it back to three. Too hard to read.

LibranRose

How do we switch the home screen from 4 columns of tiles back to 3 columns of tiles? It's very hard to see and the old display was easier to navigate. Is there an option to change this new setting back to the original?

jacob1017
Channel Surfer

I am using a Roku Express 4k+

Software version 9.6.0.7002906.28

Restart does not help. I have unplugged everything for 15 minutes and done a restart several times.

Maiya

This is not working for me.

Maiya

This is not working for me

tv529
Reel Rookie

I have Model 3930X - Roku Express, software version 12.0.0, build 4184-AE. 

A restart did not fix the issue. I also tried disconnected my Roku from my tv and reconnecting it. 

I also can't find anything in the settings that allude to changing this. My display type is just for pixels (1080 or 720p). Home screen is just Featured Free, What to Watch, LiveTV, Sports, My Offers, and Shortcuts. 

My last update was 5/19/23, but the last check for updates was today. 

gideyup1
Reel Rookie

Roku Community Moderator Rey:  Any update on this issue?  Should be a simple fix to give customers options to revert back to 3 app across if we so choose.

Thank You

TomMCE
Binge Watcher

I heard that Roku rolled out the 4 column format to a limited number of people.  I also have 4 columns now and it makes it harder to identify the apps unless I sit close.  I hope they go back to 3 columns or provide an option to have 3 columns instead of 4.