Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
urban_crawler
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku TV issue: crashing to home screen

@RokuCarly 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

This isn't user friendly!  This is not Nintendo.  You guys need to make submitting information back to support a lot easier!  I provide tech support for people.  I guarantee, you're missing out on a a lot of issues because of this.

Re: TV keeps freezing and restarting

Hi,

Same thing is happening to my TV.  I’ve tried all the suggestions many times and it doesn’t get better.  Is it possible that the system processor is just overloaded by the streaming content? If so - are you guys trying to come up with a software patch for us?  Seems like a pretty widespread issue.

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Timdegrasse

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We acknowledge the issue you've encountered, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Seeing that you're experiencing an issue that affects your streaming, we'd like to collect more details about the issue so a workaround or resolution can be taken into action.

• What specific Roku device are you having an issue with?
  • Is this happening with a specific channel, or happen throughout the Roku platform like navigating in the Home Screen?
  • What steps have you taken as an attempt to resolve the issue?

With the questions we've provided, an answer to each with specific details would be helpful for us to understand the issue better.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mquintenz
Reel Rookie

This is absolutely ridiculous!! When is this gonna be fixed!?!?

Model: 7121X-Roku TV

Software Version: 12.5.5•build 4174-30

GC version: 2024-03-10T01:11:30Z

Issue ID 02-099-431

0 Kudos
Hartcolby
Streaming Star

It's not going to ever going to get fixed I took my TV out and shot mine with every pew pew I had because these guys are ever going to fix the problem the problem is the TV's are junk I had one and went and got a fire TV and I haven't had any problems since. My mom got a brand new Roku TV out of the box and had the same problem I was and mine was 12 or 13 years older than hers was so in my conclusion for TVs are **bleep** 

0 Kudos
MrP1
Channel Surfer

Agreed, pure trash!!

0 Kudos
Mockzee12

I have a Samsung with new Roku it’s been working fine until today. I turned it on  and it shows apps but can’t move anything.  I disconnected plugs but still no movement 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mockzee12,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, thanks for taking some troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve the issue. We'd like to know how to identify and resolve this issue.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• What Roku device are you using that has an issue right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Have you tried connecting your Roku device to another device to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?
  • Are you being prompted with an error code or message?
  • Have you tried restarting your Roku device? To restart, go to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

By providing additional details, we will be better equipped to provide you with further assistance.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Leenga
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. The TV will freeze and then reboot. The issue started at least a few months ago. I have two different TVs, one is a TCL and one is an ONN, and they are both doing it at least once everyday. 

Here is the last report tracker. 

Model A119X - Roku TV

Serial number X00300T5DN4G (S05NYO85DN4G) Software version. 12.55• buld 4177-88 GC version: 112.23

Timestamp 2024-04-05T23 2615Z Please use issue lD 4G-138-206 to report the current issue

Hartcolby
Streaming Star

The best thing I can tell you to do is take it outside and take a 12 gauge to it because the roku team just sit on there flat n**s and won't fixts the problem and whatever it is iv been on here for however long now. Still nothing I see has been done so that's what I did to me mine and went to a firetv and been loving it have had no issues with my TV. So fu*k Roku TV and there TV software and there so called technician team. There team are in my opinion doing nothing.they can see everything on are TV's if they are a coder or tech.

0 Kudos