Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ohpkuser
Channel Surfer

TCL Roku TV & Google Home

Jump to solution

HI All,

I've been researching this problem, and tried everything I can find to fix this. I have two TCL Roku TVs connected to the same wifi network in my house. Both register in my Roku Account. I have linked my Roku account to my Google Home account. The Home app on my phone shows both TVs are "offline." 

Both TVs have Fast Power enabled. Both are linked to the Roku account. Both are up to date with the current software. The phone is connected to the same wifi network and the same 5Ghz band as the TVs. The Roku remote Android app works and controls the TVs. But, the Home app isn't working. I've reset the router. I've reset the TVs. I've cleared the Home Cache and Data. I've unlinked and relinked the Roku account. What am I missing? Is there a setting on my router? I have an Arris router, and IPv6 is enabled. Thanks in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ohpkuser
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL Roku TV & Google Home

Jump to solution

Finally! Thank you Roku for sending through an update. My two TCL TVs are communicating with Google Home now! It's been a while, but they did it!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate the prompt response, @ytsejam1138.

It seems that you have done a great job troubleshooting this issue. No worries; with the details you have provided, this should be sorted out as soon as possible by the appropriate team.

We sincerely appreciate your patience in the meantime. Be sure to perform a system restart on your device to ensure that the possible fix will be applied.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

Regards,
janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
78 REPLIES 78
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ohpkuser,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having difficulties with the Google Home on your Roku TV. We appreciate your patience about the issue you are experiencing and we're happy to help you.

Have you tried connecting Roku to Google Home on different mobile phones and making sure the mobile phone & Roku are connected to the same network?

We would also recommend taking a look at our Support page for more information regarding how to use Google to control your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted from there if you need additional help.

Regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ohpkuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

John. Thanks for the reply. I went through all of that article before posting here. Unfortunately, nothing in the article helped me resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us updated, @ohpkuser

For us to determine things better, may we know what specific issue you are having with the Google Home app and its connection to the Roku TV? What feature is not working? Also, what feature do you expect to work on? Further, what behavior does it show that describes the issue?

With more details, we can have better clarification with the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ohpkuser
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Takashi,

The Google Home App shows the Roku TVs are Offline.  The app cannot do anything with the Rokus. All the devices on are on the wifi network.  I have a TCL Roku connected to my wifi network. The TCL is logged into my Roku account. On my android phone, I have the Home app. I have connected Home and Roku. The TVs appear in the Home app, but list as Offline.

0 Kudos
Amatkins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm having exactly the same issue. My Roku TCL tv is down on Google Home, but can't be used and it's showing as offline. 

0 Kudos
Brian4750
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Same here.

3 Hisense Roku TV's and only the older 2 are controllable via Google Home.

Newest Roku TV appears in the list of devices that Google Home sees, but fail to manage.

Both the Roku TV, iPhone, and Google Home app are running latest versions.

Same for android tablet.

Using my Nest Hub i get an error.

All things tried to resolve the issue.
Reset Home link with Roku.
Reset Roku TV - Twice.

Awaiting Roku to resolve the issue.
Multiple Vendors using Roku OS Have the issue, only constant is Roku OS.

BTW same issues are in the Alexa app.

and only Apple Home, Roku app, Physical Remote work on new TV.

turtwig
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Would just like to add that I seem to be having the same issue with a JVC Roku TV.

TV shows in my Google Home devices, any time I try to do anything it just says "something went wrong"

Amatkins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks @turtwig and @Brian4750, glad it's not just me.

I get the ''Something went wrong'' message too, I have unlinked and relinked multiple times. Looks like and issue Roku and Google need to resolve.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @turtwig @Amatkins,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your experience about this, and we'd love to help you out. Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Let's learn more about this, and we'll further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.