Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8ohms
Binge Watcher

TCL 8 Series, Roku TV, CEC, EARC "Inactive" Issue...

It's been a few months since my 8 Series 65Q825 stopped sending the audio out to by Sony STRD-590 AV Receiver connected both to the ARC/eARC. So no audio from the apps installed on the TV is going to the Dolby THD AV Amp and that sucks because I cannot take advantage of the best audio from Amazon Prime Movies or Netflix, or VUDU. I know other with Roku TV have had similar issues for a while now and I have tried everything they have and probably more except for resetting the TV to factory and so far, the aARC in the TV setting still say "Inactive". If you had this issue and know how to resolve it. Please reply here. Roku/TCL, if you have a solution to offer. It would be welcomed. I paid a lot for my Mini-Led 8 Series and really would like to get the full usage from it.

0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TCL 8 Series, Roku TV, CEC, EARC "Inactive" Issue...

Hi @8ohms,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

Hello John,

Thanks for responding to my issue. I hope you had a nice Christmas.

I am going to be very specific starting for the top. 

TV: 65Q825 (eARC HDMI4)

Receiver: Sony STRDH590

Software on both TV and Receiver are up to date.

Problem. Audio from Apps (Prime Video, Netflix) from the Roku TV platform does not play through the Sony STRDH590 Receiver. In the Roku TV settings. eARC showing System Audio Control "INACTIVE."

Steps taken to fix issue.

Make sure HDMI/CEC in "ON" Sony STRDH590. Enable CEC on TCL/Roku TV 65Q825

Replaced the HDMI cable from TV eARC to Receiver ARC. Didn't work (Worked briefly with previous wire and then stopped) Now, none of the HDMI cables trigger the setting to System Audio Control to "Active."

Unplug HDMI cable from TV HDMI4 to Receiver and unplug both equipment electrical plugs, Re-plug electrical and plug HDMI cable back into ports. Roku TV Settings eARC  still says System Audio Control "INACTIVE." and still no audio output to the receiver.

Refresh eARC equipment list in TV Settings for HDMI4. All equipment shown.

Turn off and off all the setting in the Roku Audio Settings. Still not audio from the Apps to the STRDH590 receiver. 

Thanks for trying to help solve the problem which I see am not the only one having with. My 65Q825 was a very expensive investment. I have a Firestick directly attached to the receiver and the audio from the Apps from the Firestick, with CES enabled passes the audio to the Sony Receiver. I would like the same to work with the apps in the Roku platform too. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @8ohms,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We will be more than happy to assist you further. May we know what the current software version of your Roku TV is by going to settings, system, and about?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

Current Software Version 12.2.0 build 4176-88

Hardware A111X

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@8ohms,

Thanks for the update!

We'll need backup from the concerned team about this. I have passed this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

I'll make sure to keep this thread posted once we have an update available on how things turn out.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

20231228_225343.jpg

0 Kudos
8ohms
Binge Watcher

Thanks, Rey, for taking this issue seriously. I posted a picture of the TV audio showing the eARC System audio Output showing "Inactive". I look forward to hearing what's the solution.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you, @8ohms.

This is acknowledged. Rest assured that the relevant team has already been notified regarding this matter. 

We appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
8ohms
Binge Watcher

Some additional information that may be helpful to resolving this issue. Although none of the components connected to the TV and to my Sony Receiver uses Optical. In the Audio output of the TCL TV Settings. It's indicating that the Current audio output is "Optical." for both the "Auto and eARC" Audio output, with the eARC showing "Inactive" & System audio control also showing "Inactive". I am using High Speed HDMI Cables only for all connection to the Sony Receiver with settings for the HDMI/CTRL HDMI is set to "On." 

0 Kudos