Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL 8 Series, Roku TV, CEC, EARC "Inactive" Issue...

John,

I HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM ROKU ON THIS ISSUE. Sorry for yelling but it seems Roku just doesn't care anymore unless the system is 100% Roku.  What is the update????

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rjreiffer8640,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry for any inconvenience that it may have caused. That's not what we aim for. Please note that the team is hard at work investigating the issue, and we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment. Rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lythrum

i’m having the same issue, audio output for arc (hdmi 1) shows inactive. in cec settings there’s only options for 1-touch play and system standby, neither control arc. when will there be a solution to this? very frustrated my only option is to buy a new tv as there’s nothing i can do settings wise to get sound from my avr.

element model: E4AA55R

serial number: YN00KA916311

software version: 12.5.5

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @lythrum 

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

You've mentioned that you're having an issue with the audio output for the ARC port that shows inactive, and we'd like to take a closer look at this. Could you please provide us with the following information below:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Was there a software update?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, quickly press Home 5 times and Back 5 times.)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we'll be able to investigate the issue and work on it.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
derebk
Reel Rookie

Hello Kash, there are numerous others in this post (including myself) that have had issues that are still unresolved. We are all very frustrated that nothing has been done to help any of us. 

0 Kudos
Rjreiffer8640
Binge Watcher

A ticket with Roku is in here with zero response!  Shameful service 

0 Kudos