cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gatorgogo
Channel Surfer

Re: Suddenly no sound from soundbar, HDMI ARC and CEC stopped working

Jump to solution

I've been trying to get this to work since Oct, 2023 when the 12.5 update came out and messed up the ARC connection between my Yamaha soundbar and my Samsung TV.

I've noticed that the problem happens when I try to use the newer Roku Ultra (4802X) or the new Roku Ultra LT (4801RW).  Both cause the ARC HDMI connection to the soundbar to disconnect and I don't get anything out of the soundbar.  The Roku's are using the latest 13.0 OS too.

However, if I use an older Roku Ultra (4670X) then ARC HDMI connection to the soundbar works fine and I get sound.

So for now I'll just keep using the older 4670X and hope Roku gets around to fixing this problem on the newer Roku Ultra's someday.  

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us posted, @Gatorgogo @wydoihavetoregi!

We truly appreciate all your efforts to resolve the issue, but we understand that it persists.

Please be advised that there is a connectivity issue between your TV and sound bar. We highly recommend that you reach out to your TV manufacturer, as this issue seems to be related to the connectivity between your Samsung TV and Yamaha soundbar. They will be the ones who can handle this kind of issue on both devices.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you'd like us to address. We'd be more than willing to listen and take immediate action, as we are committed to finding a solution to your concerns.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
stillfalls

Jump to solution

I have had Rolu 3 since 2016 hooked up to my old Samsung.
And I loved it.
And now, as a customer of Comcast/Xfinity since 1987...yes, 30 years...i am cutting.
I bought a new LG G4 65 for the front room with Bose Smart Ultra Soundbar,
and a samsung over-qualified @$450 for bedroom, with smaller (much smaller) age-appropriate soundbar.
and i bought ROKU ULTRA for the LG
I also bought a firestick....relevant later
and Roku 4K stick for the bedroom...figured i would donate the roku 3 to museum collectors.
this all happend over 2 weekends Memorial Day.
Worked fine for 2 weeks."
Then, ROKU ultra stopped working audio.
Then Roku 4K stopped working.
BUT
sound is fine through the native apps on the tv .....
so i hve read the VOLUMES and VOLUMES of messges about this issue and have concluded.
ROKU SUCKS and rests on its laurels of best device.
I have done power (idiots choice as that always works...or does it)
factory resets
changed cables
changed ports
even

EVEN used my old ROKU 3, and none work.
BUT

that sample i bought to test things out...that amazon firestick.....
works just fine.

SO I have given up and moved on.
Wish the rest of you good luck.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.