Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kweik247

Tv keeps shutting off and restarting

Jump to solution

I purchased my onn Roku smart tv from Walmart one week ago. It’s been freezing and shutting off and restarting is there any reason why it would do that? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tv keeps shutting off and restarting

Jump to solution

Hi @Kweik247 and @Mikkib,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku device constantly rebooting. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

We recommend giving the following troubleshooting steps a try:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku player. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

If the issue is persistent after doing so, please provide us with this information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

We're anticipating your response regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
Mikkib
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku stream bar is doing the same thing continually very frustrating cuz I can't even watch a whole show cost too much money for this to be happening.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kweik247 and @Mikkib,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku device constantly rebooting. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue.

We recommend giving the following troubleshooting steps a try:

1. Power-cycle your Roku player: unplug it from the wall power outlet and plug it back in.
  2. Check for updates. Go to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now
  3. Restart your Roku player. Go to Settings > System > Power (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System Restart.
  4. Last resort, factory reset: Go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset.

If the issue is persistent after doing so, please provide us with this information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

We're anticipating your response regarding this.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Angel50
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV stuck in a recovery mode update loop

Jump to solution

Having issues with mine nothing works , have tried all suggestions 

9.3.0 * 2129

s/n X00700DFLXJ8

roku tv D803X

onn model # 100018253

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My Hisense is persistently going back to the main menu, and sometimes even shutting off and restarting. All troubleshooting has been done and the issue is still driving me bonkers

0 Kudos
Adelg23
Reel Rookie

Roku tv stuck in continuous reboot loop

Jump to solution

My tv only displays the onn. RokuTv letters then goes black then the letters appear again and it does that all day I can’t access the menu or restart I’ve tried disconnecting it and nothing

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku tv stuck in continuous reboot loop

Jump to solution

@Adelg23 You didn't indicate what TV you have but it should have a way to factory reset the TV often on the back of the TV using a straightened paper clip.  I would try a factory reset of the TV.  Just unplugging the TV will not do a factory reset, if it did your TV would factory reset every time the power to your home went off even for a short time.

0 Kudos
Adelg23
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku tv stuck in continuous reboot loop

Jump to solution
  • It’s a 32" 720p HD Roku TV. Model: 100012589
  • I tried the reset button on the back, disconnecting it and resetting it with the remote and no luck!
0 Kudos
Elondeado

TCL Roku TV Stuck on a Reboot Loop

Jump to solution

Model No 65S41 S/N2207GNC000447A05385 My tv has been on a boot loop tried everything when are they going to come out with a solution???

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: TCL Roku TV Stuck on a Reboot Loop

Jump to solution

@Elondeado, you can try a factory reset or recovery mode.  Beyond that, if it's still under warranty, contact TCL.

How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device? | Official Roku Support

How to use Recovery Mode on your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.