Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cleve55

Roku TV (other manufacturer) has no video and audio continues

All my apps only play sound and no video i either get a black video player or a green screen with sound

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
71 REPLIES 71
Ramos22

Re: Roku tv screen goes black

My TV does the same thing... my husband is going to do what you suggested I will let you know if it worked 

0 Kudos
Ramos22

Nope it didn't work! Now what do I do to get my TV replaced? Please help!  Thank you

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Ramos22, until the last 6 months all Roku TVs were made by some company other than Roku.  So... who's the manufacturer of your TV?  They're the ones you need to contact.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jperez8214

Mine does the same thing only when watching Amazon and Disney+. All other apps don't do it. It will come back on after powering off and back on but we have to watch a different app. Hope the tv isn't going out. It's only about a year old.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jperez8214,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for posting about this issue!

We understand you're having a problem with the Amazon and Hulu channels since, after launching any show or movie, it will go to a black screen. We're happy to help. Please try these troubleshooting steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add the channel.

If the problem persists, please try to update the software of your Roku by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, selecting settings, system, software/system update, and checking now.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Soswendi

the black screen is not the TV, it was the Roku device that was causing the problem. I just so happened to have an extra one to change them out, and now my TV works fine

0 Kudos
NoahHaverdink1
Reel Rookie

Was just watching Netflix and screen goes black but audio was still on. I tried powering the tv off and then on. No fix. Then I tried to do a factory reset. Same problem. My tv is 8 months old with no damage. What do I do @RokuJohnB @renojim 

0 Kudos
NoahHaverdink1
Reel Rookie

Did you remove the Roku product from the tv physically? How do I do that? @Soswendi 

0 Kudos
Muzishn
Reel Rookie

As with many other people on this thread… I bought my TV six months ago to use in my New York crash pad… It’s been turned on less than 30 times… always unplugged when I’m away. And last night I turned it on and had a black screen… I did the suggested unplugging it for five minutes, even overnight… I’ve pushed the reset button… I’ve done everything… And it still will not work… So I suppose I have to throw it in the trash because there is no return on it now. Roku knows of this issue… it’s happened to many of us. They should do a recall on the select series 32 inch… They should make it right but, like the rest of us, I’m just screwed and out $175.