Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv screen goes black

Hi @NoahHaverdink1,
Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We regret to hear about this issue you've been having with the TCL Roku TV.

If performing a hard reset on the TV by locating the reset button at the back of the TV did not resolve the issue, it could be that the issue lies internally. With that being said, we would recommend you try getting in touch with your TV manufacturer for additional help. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jwblack
Reel Rookie

My Roku TV must be reset from the settings screen. Which is useless when the screen is black. My tv is a TCL 65s435 and has black screen. Any more suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jwblack,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
This may be related to a hardware issue. Have you tried contacting TCL support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS.

If you need anything else, please let us know.
Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Berswi00,

Welcome aboard here in the Roku Community!

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

It looks like it will require some assistance from our friends at TCL to help diagnose your TV hardware. In the event of hardware failure, they will provide you with the option you have.

You can reach them here: https://support.tclusa.com/televisions or at 1-877-300-8837.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
auriemed

I have had my tcl roku 65 in tv for 14 months and the screen is black it does power on and I can her voice command I have tried to unplug and hold the power button did not work and I did the reset as well called tcl and they walked me through the same steps still a black screen and I do not think it is worth calling a tv repair store.

0 Kudos
Gabbie95
Reel Rookie

Hi there, I have a TCL TV with Roku built into it. I've turned the TV on and can hear that it's on and if I press the arrow buttons can hear the cursor move. I've tried unplugging the TV for a couple minutes and no difference when plugged back in and turned on. I've also tried pressing the reset button on the back of the TV and again, no difference. I've had my TV for about a year and a half. I'm hoping you may have some suggestions on other things I can try to do to get it working. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
jwblack
Reel Rookie

Try shining a flashlight directly at your screen and see if you can see the icons on the home screen. If you can see them then your tv likely needs new LCD strip. You can order them on Ebay just search for LCD strip then add your tv model number. Hope that helps 🙂

0 Kudos
Muzishn
Reel Rookie

Sooo many people with the same issue. This is ridiculous! One TV (the broken one) has Roku on the front. The other (still working) has “Element” on the front. 

I won’t buy another— that’s for sure!!

Lady80
Reel Rookie

I just had a similar issue. I was watching Netflix, the screen suddenly started getting darker until the movie froze. I tried using the back button and the home button and nothing would happen. It was still on the frozen screen but I can hear the clicks as I’m pressing the buttons on the remote. So I unplugged from the wall and plugged it back in. And this time the frozen movie was gone and now I’m looking at a black screen. Tried again, leaving it unplugged for longer time. Same black screen. I can still hear the buttons as I clicked them. I tried the reset button, same thing. Black screen and the audio and clicking of the buttons. Now I’m sitting here looking at a black screen. I have a TCL 55’, Ruko is built in. I’ve only had it for about 10 months. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Muzishn @Lady80,

Thank you for keeping us posted, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku TV. We're happy to help. Please try to factory reset your Roku TV by locating it on the back or bottom of your TV. The physical reset button is either tactile or a pinhole design that requires a straightened paperclip. Once you locate the Reset button and your Roku TV is powered on, press and hold the button firmly for about 10 seconds.

You may also use this support article here on how to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll wait for your updates.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos