Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Italnubian

Roku TV keeps crashing with all Apps.

All Apps in my Roku crashes. Every app plus the TV is up to date. What other steps can I use to fix this issue. The Netflix, Prime, Max, YouTube, etc just crash. 

12 REPLIES 12
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV keeps crashing with all Apps.

Hi @Italnubian,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention about the app crash on your Roku. We'd like to take a closer look at this.

When did the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

Let us know more about this so that we'll be able to work on additional troubleshooting.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

We are also having the same issue. Everything is up to date. Anytime of day that I try to open Netflix, Prime, or Disney +, it’ll let me select what I want to watch but when the show or movie goes to play, the TV goes to the Home Screen (acting like I hit the home button on the remote). I have had this issue for about a month but never reached out until now. It continues to happen no matter how many times you restart the tv or app to watch something. 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DFlansburgh,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your apps or channels on your TV since it will immediately go to the Home screen after launching. We're happy to help. Have you tried connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you still see the same issue occur? If the issue still persists, can you please provide this information through your Roku TV:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IbuLinda

My tv is doing this same thing. It is to the internet, other  Roku TCL tvs work fine.

Model: H104X Roku TV, Software version 12.0..0 build 4182-DD. GC Version 9.5.25

Serial # X02000VSH79L,  Timestamp 2023-08-01T21:17;39Z

ID 9L-306-557

Thanks

Linda

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IbuLinda,

Thanks for keeping us posted about the apps or channels on your Roku TV crashing.

We will be more than happy to look further into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you provide us with the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Photo of the issue you're running into

Once we have all the information, we can escalate this to our appropriate Roku team.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
IbuLinda

Model: H104X - Roku TV

Serial number: X02000VSH79L (SOLEJ27SH79L)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4182-DD

GC version: 9.5.25

Timestamp: 2023-08-01T22:02:34Z

issue ID 9L-306-602 to report the current issue.

Steps to make it happen - choose a show to watch and start watching. within 3 minutes, you  are kicked back to the home screen

I can't figure out how to get a photo into this message. But I just get the home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IbuLinda,

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're running into.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their Roku OS products.

You can contact TCL support here or at 1-877-300-8837.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hrcrosby79

Im having the same issue! Here’s my information…

Model: 7817X - Roku TV

Serial number: YNOOFW285536 (OL507F285536)

Software version: 12.0.0 • build 4182-AM

GC version: 9.5.25

Timestamp: 2023-08-04T02:34:317

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hrcrosby79,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand and appreciate the information provided about this issue.

Could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? In attempting to address this case, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve it?

Once we have a clearer grasp on the situation, we'll be able to provide the appropriate next step.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos