Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streambar Audio Cracking

@Naz927 if you do provide your email, do not post it here in the forum. Send it to a Roku employee via private message. 

Everyone: Never post your personal information (phone number, email address, actual address) in an open forum. Scammers and thieves prowl sites like this looking for targets, and that gives them an in to try to scam you.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mattyp7986,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and try to provide a resolution to this issue.

Please keep us posted if you need any additional help

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Thehirv
Reel Rookie

my bar started this a few weeks ago i guess its garbage now

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Thehirv,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? In addition, please provide the serial number/device ID of your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Got sound bar at Christmas. Started this 2 months in. HELP!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mrhubanks615,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in order to assist you further in this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Terijolc

Re: Sound distortion & static

On remote select *, sound settings, night.  I tried SO many things on both T.V. and role sound bar. This completely fixed it! 

0 Kudos
Cajun3k

I've had my sound bar since 2020 so no warranty service expected. 🙂  I'm just wondering if this issue was determined to be due to hardware, software, or both?

My unit is a 9102R - Roku Streambar, YLOO1W461429, v11.0.0-build 4193-95.

I noticed bass related static about a month or two ago when opening YouTubeTV.  However, I've checked other channels, Hulu, Netflix, Disney+ ... I'm hearing the distortion on programming there too.  It seems setting the audio to Night Mode has the least distortion (likely because this turns the bass completely off).

I did try plugging it into a different TV but still heard the distortion.  Interestingly, when I reinstalled it on the original TCL TV, I didn't hear the distortion for about a day before it returned again.

Please let me know if I've shared enough detail.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Cajun3k

Thanks for providing us with details on the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Suitmonster
Binge Watcher

My streambar started making distortion & buzzing sounds during bass playback last night.  I tried a power cycle reboot and factory reset - as I suspected these steps did not resolve it.  I was able to replay the same scene in the show I was watching as a good test, and had the same buzzing results.

Can you tell me what solution I should seek for this?

Model: 9102X

IC: 5959A-R1035

FCCID: TC2-R1038

SN: 2A1120235528