cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dfresh567
Roku Guru

Roku Streambar Pro (9101x) popping noise after an update

@Aboogie 

it’s been an ongoing issue most of here have been dealing with for around a month. I can say the Roku team is definitely well aware of the issues. I would have to assume the problem will have to work out in the end. They can’t have it continue forever. What the solution is I’m not sure. I know if you’re able to capture the sound and send a video to the Roku team that seem to be something they want. I unfortunately can’t figure out how to send the videos

0 Kudos
Aboogie
Channel Surfer

@Dfresh567 

Very frustrating, I got the speakers mid October so it's all I've experienced with this setup.

Because it can't be replicated consistently it is hard to troubleshoot. The first few times I thought it was my source (Netflix, Apple TV, etc) but replaying where the pop happened doesn't work. I thought it had been resolved a few times after the first full reset but it came back. By the time I set everything up it was too late to return back to the store. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aboogie,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your for sharing your experience about this. Our team is currently looking into it.

I also sent you a PM for further information and assistance.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
ZeroNull
Streaming Star

It has now been over a month with the persistent popping in all of my wireless speakers without a solution. I continue to restart, factory reset, unplug, and make sure everything is up to date. Yet it is still popping multiple times every hour throughout the day. It doesn't matter what I'm watching on what channel or whatever; it's merely popping all day long enough to make my head pop. I'm to the point of throwing it all in the trash as a solution, but that's a waste of money. Please, Roku, make the popping in my wireless speakers stop.

0 Kudos
Sjk4x4
Channel Surfer

Yes. Roku, please at least acknowledge you can repeat the problem and are addressing it.

I get it when streaming Youtube movies and Music. Ive purchased Youtube Premium thinking it was a bad bitrate or compression artifacts. Its still there at 1080p so Im all out of ideas

0 Kudos

It seems a replacement will have the same issue, from reading other post here in the community. That may not solve the problem. I was hoping you had an update remedy, not simply warranty replacement. 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TimC140,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Does the issue occur during streaming or even if the device is turned on? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ejordan525
Channel Surfer

This is a problem with the software. Do not waste your time giving them information. They already know what the problem is but haven’t issued a software update to resolve the issue. They are offering people to downgrade the software to 12.0 to ‘test’ is the issue goes away. This is done by sending a private message to them.

L10NH34RT
Channel Surfer

System info:

TCL model: 55R635

Hardware ID: A113X

Serial number: X00300MLKFJ1

Software version: 12.5.5 build 4173-88

Device ID: S05EY14LKFJ1

Roku Wireless Bass Pro: 9201R2

Serial number: Y200EY528670

Software version: 12.5.5.4173

Device ID: BV429E528670

Roku Wireless Speaker (rear right): 9020X

Serial number: YE00E6358745

Device ID: 02628E358745

Roku Wireless Speaker (rear left): 9020X

Serial number: YE00GF690313

Device ID: 02628G690313

Roku Streambar Pro: 9101R2

Serial number: YL0072256401

Software version: 12.5.0.4178

Device ID: 3K6267256401

RobertMW
Binge Watcher

Indeed. While Rey here on the forum has been very helpful and is the person who complied with my request for a downgrade to 12.0, Roku Support really needs to re-evaluate its troubleshooting / scripting practices. I tried for weeks to get a downgrade because I KNEW from logical troubleshooting on my own that the gremlin was in OS 12.5. Instead, their phone people (yes, only doing the job as they were trained) wanted to ran me in circles. See, I think the tech folks knew what the immediate solution (downgrade) was very soon after the Nov 1 OS 12.5 disaster; this just wasn't communicated to the customer-facing people.

0 Kudos