cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Digital_Larry
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku 3 video/audio stuttering, seems to be Amazon Prime

Jump to solution

Given that the box is ten years old, I'd even be okay plopping down $30 for a new one or whatever, as long as I could get some confidence that this isn't an across the board issue with Amazon Prime.  I do not have any problems with Amazon Prime on my iPad.

For example, this thread doesn't exactly boost my confidence.  Maybe I'll plug my Fire Stick back in.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Sound-stutters-persistently-on-Amazon-Prime/m-p/961158

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the time you took to report this issue and would like to take a closer look at it. Please let us know if this issue only happens with a specific channel, such as Amazon Prime, or if it is also occurring with a different channel. Also, could you let us know your Roku device's operating system (OS) version? You can find this information in Settings > System > About.

If the issue only occurs with a specific channel, we highly suggest contacting its customer support team for further assistance. Please note that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance. We will be glad to help you.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Digital_Larry
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So far I'm only noticing it on Amazon Prime.

Model 4230X

Software 12.5.5 build 4174-04.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Digital_Larry!

In this case, we recommend reaching out to the customer support team for further assistance. Please note that most content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. If you need help, you can contact Amazon Prime support.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
therealshell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have Roku 3 - 4200X.

Software version 12.5.5

Build 4174-04

The stuttering video/audio problem happens only when I'm streaming on Amazon Prime.

What gives ?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for the update, @therealshell!

We understand that you're experiencing an issue with Amazon Prime. However, we recommend contacting the channel provider for further assistance.

Please note that most content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider. You can contact them here Amazon Prime support.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
therealshell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I think that Prime video is good for now. I watched a complete episode of  Endeavour last night, with no video/audio problems. 

0 Kudos
AckAckAck

Jump to solution

Does the Roku 3 4200X use Flash EEPROM to store the video, or FIFO (First-in-First-Out) memory?  Flash EEPROM has a finite number of write cycles (10,000 - 100,000).  I can see a scenario where the Flash EEPROM is degraded so much that the Roku no longer works.  If this is the case, you really should be upfront with the customers of the older Rokus.  FIFO memory should work forever as long as there is no damage caused by electrostatic discharge or other environmental factors.

0 Kudos
Digital_Larry
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I didn't try watching anything on Amazon for a few weeks.  Just tried it again, watched about an hour of programming and have not seen this issue.  I'll report back if it starts up again.

I did spend some time trying to get through to Amazon support but could never get past a "woops, a problem occurred on our end" trying to access their help page.   Not like I spent hours trying.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.