YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Roku Soundbar Audio Fades Out

This started happening to me recently and I see that it has been happening to other customers, for a couple of years now. Is this issue fixed?  It cost me around $200 when we purchased it, a couple of years ago!  It’s obviously not us. It’s a software issue and we need it fixed. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar Audio Fades Out

Hello! @YakkoWakkoDot1,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us regarding your Roku Soundbar. We are happy to help.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce it? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to resolve the issue? With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

If your Streambar is connected to your TV's HDMI ARC port, there could be a delay before you start to hear audio when the TV is turned on. This delay is caused by your TV setting up the audio stream channel through the HDMI ARC port. You can get rid of this delay by connecting your Streambar to the optical port and regular HDMI port on your TV instead.

Why is there no sound from my Streambar?

If there is no sound playing from your Streambar, try the following steps.

• Check the cable connections. Unplug your HDMI, and optical cable (if used), and them plug them back in to make sure they are properly seated.
  • Turn up the volume. Use your Roku remote to make sure the volume is turned up.
  • Check your TV audio format settings. The Roku Streambar SE cannot play Dolby Audio or DTS audio formats. Make sure your TV audio format is set to PCM-Stereo (or Stereo). Refer to the user manual or online documentation for your TV if you need help changing settings.

Learn how to fix audio/video (A/V) sync issues in the detailed A/V troubleshooting article.

Please keep us updated on any developments, and we will be happy to assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Soundbar Audio Fades Out

It's not a delay. I could have Pluto TV, YouTube or any other channel on.  The sound would work, for a little while, then just cut out completely. It would then comes back on.  I unplugged it, unplugged the HDMI, for about a day. I hooked it back up this morning, with a different HDMI cable and so far it is working. Considering this has been happening for a couple of years, to many customers, Roku NEEDS to take a look at it.  Especially after forcing everyone to agree to their new terms or get their devices locked. We need Roku to fix issues. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.