Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streambar Audio low, Music in movies especially.

Jump to solution

I have an Streambar 4k that I have been using for over a year wonderfully. However, over the last couple of weeks the audio has been getting progressively quieter. I do have hearing issues, but my daughter can hear a tick fart at a hundred paces has been confirming the issue. 

Of particular note, MUSIC in the background of movies is almost inaudible. Particularly noticeable in movies where the MUSIC is a key feature of movie. This occurs across apps, but is more pronounced in YOUTUBETV, than in Netflix, Vudu, and Prime.  

I have reset, restarted, and factory reset everything. When I did the full factory reset, it is telling me my TV does not support ARC. In the TV menu ARC is supported and is turned ON, however I do not use the TV's Speakers. Everything plays through the Streambar as the TV speakers are useless on a good day. 

This seems to have occurred slowly, I am unaware of any physical issues or potential damaged. Has been in the same spot, same wires, same tv for over a year. 

Any ideas? 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Audio low, Music in movies especially.

Jump to solution

Hello! @Achilles7ls,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the low music volume on your Roku Streambar while watching movies. We're happy to help.

Roku offers an assortment of audio devices designed to add full, rich sound, dramatically improving the audio performance of your entertainment experience. With different sound modes, you can fine-tune your music, movies, and TV show listening experience.

This article provides details about the various sound settings available with your Roku audio device(s) and instructions on how to adjust them.

Sound modes are a collection of settings optimized for specific listening experiences, but you can still change the following individual sound settings.

• Speech clarity: Boost dialogue content relative to other sounds (e.g., background music, car crashes, etc.)
  • Volume modes: Automatic leveling and night mode offer varying levels to lower volume on loud scenes and boost volume on quieter scenes
  • Treble: Increase high frequencies for a "brighter", more detailed sound, or lower them for a softer sound.
  • Bass: Adjust low frequencies, or the sounds you feel, such as loud explosions in a movie or the bass drum kicks in a concert performance.

With a Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar, you can also adjust the Virtual surround setting to create a spacious sound experience with everything you watch. If you connect Roku wireless speakers as surround sound speakers to your Streambar or Smart Soundbar, then you can also change the Expanded stereo and Surround level settings.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar Audio low, Music in movies especially.

Jump to solution

Hello! @Achilles7ls,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding the low music volume on your Roku Streambar while watching movies. We're happy to help.

Roku offers an assortment of audio devices designed to add full, rich sound, dramatically improving the audio performance of your entertainment experience. With different sound modes, you can fine-tune your music, movies, and TV show listening experience.

This article provides details about the various sound settings available with your Roku audio device(s) and instructions on how to adjust them.

Sound modes are a collection of settings optimized for specific listening experiences, but you can still change the following individual sound settings.

• Speech clarity: Boost dialogue content relative to other sounds (e.g., background music, car crashes, etc.)
  • Volume modes: Automatic leveling and night mode offer varying levels to lower volume on loud scenes and boost volume on quieter scenes
  • Treble: Increase high frequencies for a "brighter", more detailed sound, or lower them for a softer sound.
  • Bass: Adjust low frequencies, or the sounds you feel, such as loud explosions in a movie or the bass drum kicks in a concert performance.

With a Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar, you can also adjust the Virtual surround setting to create a spacious sound experience with everything you watch. If you connect Roku wireless speakers as surround sound speakers to your Streambar or Smart Soundbar, then you can also change the Expanded stereo and Surround level settings.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.