Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DustyField
Reel Rookie

Roku Soundbar Pro will not pair with remote and just flashes orange and tries to do setup process.

Jump to solution

I have a roku soundbar pro that I got for my kids last Christmas.  Everything has been great until the other day.  The remote stopped working and would not pair with the soundbar.  Apparently my 10 year old thought a factory reset would fix the problem but now it is just stuck.  The soundbar only flashes orange and keeps asking to pair a remote to finish setup.  I even bought a new remote but that won't pair either.  I have taken both remotes to another room and was able to pair them to roku ultra.  My roku app won't find the soundbar anymore so that isn't an option either to manually pair to the soundbar.  It still shows it tied to my account but I can't access it.  I could really use some help.  I have tried all the basic solutions like unplugging for 30 seconds, new batteries, holding the reset button for 10 seconds, I have tried the pairing button on the original remote, and holding the home and back arrow on the new remote.  This is driving me crazy I need some help.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar Pro will not pair with remote and just flashes orange and tries to do setup proces

Jump to solution

Hello! @DustyField,

Thanks for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Soundbar Pro not pairing with your Roku remote. We're happy to help.

Before you continue with the setup process, you need to insert fresh matching batteries into your Roku remote. Getting your remote ready from there varies depending on your Streambar or soundbar.

• Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar: After you insert batteries correctly, your Streambar or soundbar will detect your Roku voice remote and begin pairing, or the process of establishing a direct wireless connection. When the process completes, your voice remote is ready to use. Keep in mind that your Roku voice remote does not need to be pointed at your Streambar or soundbar. You can literally aim it in any direction when pressing buttons. If your Streambar or soundbar is not pairing with your remote, learn how to resolve problems connecting a Roku voice remote.

Improving the Wi-Fi signal on your Roku streaming device can improve the responsiveness and performance of your Roku voice remote. Learn how to improve the Wi-Fi connection to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Soundbar Pro will not pair with remote and just flashes orange and tries to do setup proces

Jump to solution

Hello! @DustyField,

Thanks for sharing your post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku Soundbar Pro not pairing with your Roku remote. We're happy to help.

Before you continue with the setup process, you need to insert fresh matching batteries into your Roku remote. Getting your remote ready from there varies depending on your Streambar or soundbar.

• Roku Streambar Pro or Roku Smart Soundbar: After you insert batteries correctly, your Streambar or soundbar will detect your Roku voice remote and begin pairing, or the process of establishing a direct wireless connection. When the process completes, your voice remote is ready to use. Keep in mind that your Roku voice remote does not need to be pointed at your Streambar or soundbar. You can literally aim it in any direction when pressing buttons. If your Streambar or soundbar is not pairing with your remote, learn how to resolve problems connecting a Roku voice remote.

Improving the Wi-Fi signal on your Roku streaming device can improve the responsiveness and performance of your Roku voice remote. Learn how to improve the Wi-Fi connection to your Roku streaming device.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DustyField
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been thru every step I could find on how to pair the remote.  Nothing works.  It gets stuck on the pair remote screen and I am unable to do anything else.  I have the original remote, a new remote, a remote from my ultra, and 2 other basic remotes, and nothing will pair with it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.