Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Charmcaster1018
Reel Rookie

Roku tv sound playing through both wireless and tv at the same time

Recently, it seems like there’s some sort of bug or update with my TV. Every time I turn it on now it connects the audio to the TV and the wireless speakers that I have I’ve gone into settings and sometimes it works but other times it doesn’t and I’ll even only select the wireless settings and there will still be sound coming from the TV even at a very delayed rate or else I wouldn’t care Does anyone else have this problem or have they discovered? I’ve even attempted to do a full factory reset everything .

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku tv sound playing through both wireless and tv at the same time

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Charmcaster1018!

We understand that you're encountering unintended behavior with your Roku TV and Roku Wireless Speakers' audio. We'd like to conduct a thorough review to understand your concern better. 

Did the issue happen before or after an update? Also, can you please provide the latest software version of your Roku TV? Is it also happening on all channels or only on a specific channel? Have you tried a factory reset on your Wireless Speakers and tried the pairing process again? If not, we recommend doing so to see if that makes any difference. 

We are willing to sort this out for you. Please get back to us, and we will help you further. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Charmcaster1018
Reel Rookie

I’ve reset everything to factory settings, including speakers multiple times the main issue is that I think it must be some sort of software issue or a bug with my update my TV says it’s updated to the latest version. The main issue is that it sometimes will play through the TV and the speakers with a slight delay coming from the TV even when I’m clicking in the settings wireless speakers only the TV will still remain with sound only after doing this roughly around 50 to 100 times turning on and off the TV and going to settings does it eventually fix itself for like a month or less and then the same issue occurs it’s obviously some sort of software issue though and I’m not sure how to fix it, especially after a factory reset.

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @Charmcaster1018!

We understand and appreciate your prompt response and the additional information you've provided. This will help us better understand and address your concern. 

Have you tried setting the Audio to Stereo? If not, you can follow the steps below and see if that resolves the issue:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote. 
  2. Navigate to Settings, then press OK
  3. Go to Audio on the Settings menu, then select Digital Audio Format.
  4. Instead of Auto, choose Stereo on the options and click the OK button to put a checkmark. 
  5. Press the Home button again, try a channel, and see if the issue persists. 

This support article, How to set up your Roku® streaming player for surround sound, provides more troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.