Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brewofebb

Re: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen

Jump to solution

I have model 100012589 the 32" Roku.  It operated great until about a month ago now it keeps crashing back to the selection screen at random times.  I can make it happen by adjusting the volume up and down while watching Tubi, Netflix, and Roku.  When I launch one of these they tend to react to commands and change very slowly like the unit is having memory issues.  After I select a show to watch if I start turning volume up and down it will not react immediately and often after a minute or two the system will suddenly lockup and then return to the selection screen.  Once there I can adjust volume, but not while watching a show.  But I should mention that volume works just fine while watching antenna tv.  

I just tested the system again and 5 for 5 crashed while trying to watch Netflix.  Once a chose a show to watch after a few minutes I would attempt to adjust the volume and it would drop me back to selection screen.  Note, while I can make it crash by adjusting volume it will still randomly crash for no apparent reason at least once every few hours.

Roku TV 8522X

ONN Model 100012586

Software version 10.0.0 Build 4195-AN

and I have performed resets, software update, and reinstalled the programs.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Brewofebb

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dsmgrays
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just purchased a 40” and it’s doing the same thing!!

Appears this has been happening for some time by the comments. Hope a software update will fix soon or we’ll have to return the tv. 

0 Kudos
MandySherrard
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing fixes it. This has been going on for nearly a year. Save yourself headaches, it back to the store now.

0 Kudos
Mellie4473

Jump to solution

Same problem here! 42 inch Onn. Roku is JUNK!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Mellie4473 wrote:

Same problem here! 42 inch Onn. Roku is JUNK!

Roku didnt make the TV - ONN did (Roku just provides the licensed software to ONN/Walmart).

ONN is Walmart's brand, so the TV was manufactured (under contract by Element) where all super-cheap Walmart products are made - in Communist China by your favorite unknown-Chinese-company manufacturer using components from another-unknown-Chinese-company at the behest of Element contracted by Walmart.

Not that other actual Roku products cant be problematic, or that higher-end Roku TVs cant also be duds (they can), but you have to expect that a low end "value" brand like ONN is going to have a higher percentage of "duds".

0 Kudos
URMAWM2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ugh mine too just left for a weekend came home I've been signed out of all of my apps can't sign back into any of them I can online so my accounts are not the prob it's the stupid tv 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @URMAWM2

Thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried to remove one or two of the affected channels > restart the Roku TV > re-install the channel? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. Please also specify to us the names of the channels experiencing the issue. 

You can check this Support link for detailed instructions to my suggestion above: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same! Netflix and Hulu freeze up before even starting and crash back to main menu. You literally CANNOT REACH A HUMAN BEING BY PHONE FOR TROUBLESHOOTING and that is such a crock! Customer service sure ain’t what it used to be!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

What a lousy “solution”! I’m going to attempt it though!

I don’t mean that your solution is lousy…I mean, the fact that this is what we’re having to do with a product we paid good money for!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.