Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] seems to have broken eARC soundbar setup

Hi @Euphemysticism,

Thanks for keeping us posted about this issue!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
Euphemysticism
Reel Rookie

FYI, I fixed the issue and got eARC reenabled.

I did this by entering the code for the Update and Reset secret menu, changing my update server to beta, downloading the update, switching the server back to production, and downloading an update again.

I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it fixed my issue.

Also, it was the same software version number both times.

0 Kudos
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

What is this secret code? @Euphemysticism @ Can you share the steps in more detail, I have the same issue as everyone else on this thread. TCL sent out a tech to replace my circuit board but it is still not fixed. Pretty sure it's a software issue w 12.0

Any help from @RokuJohnB on rolling back off 12.0 ?

0 Kudos
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C I have the same exact issue. Can you help me roll back my software too?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paulzstar,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue. We are interested in learning more about the problem you are experiencing. Can you please provide a detailed description of the issue you are encountering? When did the issue occur? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We will be better equipped to provide further assistance by providing additional details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

TV: TCL model: 75R655

Serial number: X02100Y7PDM6

Device ID: S0GW5297PDM6

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-DK

Tracker ID: M6-289-369

Soundbar model: Vizio SB3651-E6

Serial number: SZZOWJKV2206857

Like everyone else in this message string, my HDMI eARC does not work after the Roku OS 12.0 version was installed on my TCL. It worked fine before. The soundbar works with other TVs via eARC but not the TCL w Roku. I've tried a number of debugging steps, incl. factory resetting, disconnecting and reconnecting the sound bar, but to no avail so far. I raised a case with TCL and that info is below. A tech came out and replaced my main board. This did not fix the issue. I would like to get assistance in rolling back to OS 11.5 to see if that fixes the issue like it did for others.

TCL Case # US06202319362: Re: Follow-up: TCL Support Request US06202319362 for Paul

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Paulzstar,

Thanks for the post,

We have passed your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Its_TV_Time
Reel Rookie

I've also run into this issue when using a Yamaha RX-V385. No matter the configuration I use for the audio settings on the TV the eARC HDMI port will not send out audio. It works as a normal HDMI port and I can transmit to the TV from the receiver but trying to use the eARC port to receive sound from the TV doesn't work at all. The Yamaha (audio receiver) is brand new and I've tested it on several other devices with no problem. The only problem is receiving audio from the eARC port. When the audio setting for the TV is set to output eARC yields no audio. Also when the TV is on the audio receiver does detects it as being active as it shows which audio channels it's trying to use.

After seeing what other people have said I think that trying to downgrade my TV back to version OS 11.5 might solve this problem.

Element Model: E450AC58R
Serial Number: X012006HMPPF
Device ID: S0T2427HMPPF
Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4190-E0

Issue ID: PF-299-130

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Its_TV_Time,

A warm welcome here in the Roku community!

Thank you for providing us with your information. We have forwarded it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We will keep you updated on any new developments through this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Its_TV_Time
Reel Rookie

Please downgrade my system back to OS 11.5

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.