Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 12.0] seems to have broken eARC soundbar setup

Hi Community Moderators, is there any update? I have not heard anything in 2 weeks. Can someone please help move my system back to 11.5?

@RokuArjiemar and @RokuJechealR 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Paulzstar,

Thanks for the post,

We wanted to let you know that we continue investigating your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available. Thanks for your continued patience. 

Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further feedback. 

Best regards, 

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
prodzinka

How can I get a rollback on my device?  I am having the same issue with my arc soundbar.

Paulzstar
Channel Surfer

Hi, I worked with TCL tech support and rolled back to 11.5 of Roku OS. Unfortunately the HDMI arc audio still is broken. I do not know what to do or how to fix now. I am stumped. I have tried everything.

0 Kudos

Having the same issue with my TCL 65S41 with 12.0.0 build 4190-CG

tested on 2 Yamaha receivers & also an HDMI audio extractor. No audio on any configuration.

Also tested my receivers with a 4801RW - Roku Ultra, update 12.0.0 build 4184-DE, and audio works perfect.

Very frustrating as I wired the HDMI behind the wall & only way I can use it (without tying to add/re-wire an optical wire) is with the TV speakers, which isn’t ideal for my setup/space.

image.jpg

0 Kudos
Forts19
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue. Please revert my software to 11.5.

Issue report tracker

Model: G134X - Roku TV

Serial number: X01200X109NC (SOJP92A109NC)

Software version: 12.5.0 • build 4176-0G

GC version: 10 2.518

Timestamp: 2023-11-01T04:46:117

Please use issue ID NC-438-046 to report the current issue

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Forts19,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the inconvenience. We'd like to see more on what's going on here and see what we can do about this.

Could you tell us when did you start seeing the issue occur? Does resetting it up and performing a system restart help? Or tell us what troubleshooting steps you've tried, and we can provide you with the next one.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Forts19
Reel Rookie

I had all the same issues as everyone above. Sound does not work when I turn on the tv and periodically cuts out. Only fix is to go to settings, change the speakers to tv speakers then back to the sound bar. But if I turn the TV off then it starts the whole cycle over again. 

I have tried power cycling both the tv and sound bar, resetting both to factory settings, different HDMI cables, updating CEC. This is the first thread that has found a solution. And that seems to be reverting to OS 11.5. Even updating to 12.5 last night didn’t not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the information, @Forts19.

Just to clarify, you have mentioned that you just recently updated the device to the latest 12.5 software. Can you confirm if the issue existed prior to the update? Also, does this issue occur on all your other devices? If possible, have you tried using another soundbar, and does the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Murderdog
Reel Rookie

Mine magically fixed itself after about 3 months of not using it. I disconnected everything and then reconnected it and it worked.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.