Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avanscyoc
Reel Rookie

Netflix app crashing on Sanyo/RokuTV

Help! I've seen similar forums about apps crashing, but I have tried all the recommendations for those and am STILL stuck!

I try to select Netflix from my app list, it'll open, show the word "Netflix" (red with black background) and then back to the Roku home screen.

I've tried system update. App delete and reinstall. Changing network. Rebooting after each of the steps listed above. Power off, unplug from the wall, and try all steps again. Still crashing....

This has been going on for like a week!! Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
25 REPLIES 25
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Netflix app crashing on Sanyo/RokuTV

One thing, you mention "App delete and reinstall", but if you didn't perform a "System restart" after uninstalling it and before reinstalling it, try again.  You can find "System restart" under Settings->System->Power.

I apologize if you've already tried that, but it's not clear if that's what " Rebooting after each of the steps listed above" meant or if it meant you rebooted after a delete and immediate reinstall.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
avanscyoc
Reel Rookie

Yes, sorry.  After deleting the Netflix app, I did a system restart. Reinstalled the Netflix app, did a system restart, and still no luck.

Again, any help given is appreciated!

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @avanscyoc 

Greetings from the Roku Community.

We appreciate the time you took to go through the troubleshooting steps you've performed in an attempt to resolve the issue. We'd like to gather more details regarding the issue you've encountered with Netflix so we can review this case and investigate this further. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,
Once we have this information, we will be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash
Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
avanscyoc
Reel Rookie

Roku device model: FW65R70F

serial number: X000007K043M

device ID: S01YL00K043M

software OS/version: 13.0.0 - build 24056-A3

What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? Netflix - version 5.1, build 105088017

Tracker ID: 3M-205-652

20240522_153306.jpg

Jensenbud88
Reel Rookie

Having an issue with Netflix app crashing right after you click on the app to open it. It won’t even get to the Home Screen. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @avanscyoc

Thanks for providing the information.

Kindly be advised that we have forward the details we received to the appropriate Roku team for review and investigation. A follow-up on this issue will be provided on this thread once we gather an update from the team. 

If you have further concerns or inquiries, let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Jensenbud88 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you are having the same problem as reported by other users in this thread regarding the Netflix app crashing on your Roku TV. We'd like to collect further details so we can review the issue and our team can work on it for further investigation. Kindly provide the information we have requested above this thread, as it is an integral part of our efforts to resolve the issue.

Your response would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with the sanyo roku TV and with only Netflix. Please let me know if there is a solution. Thanks!

0 Kudos
aaelird

I am also having the same problem on the same TV model.  Any resolution yet?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.