Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDog4

Re: Multiple apps just freeze when going to ads

On Demand Video

Roku App

Model: Roku Express 3930RW

Timeline: Started November 2023

Tried all of the above methods, with no success. Also tried the Home button 5x with back button and it just goes back to the home screen. It occurs during the first commercial break and always the last commercial right when it should go back to the show. Only solve is hitting home and starting again which is bad because you have to watch the commercials again. 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GDog4,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

Kindly provide the details asked for above by @RokuCarly. We need the details for the Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. We also need the issue tracker ID by trying the steps again stated above so we can escalate this to the appropriate Roku team.

We'll be waiting for your post.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Multiple apps just freeze when going to ads on Roku TV

Same thing.

These streaming companies don't know what they are doing and not enough testing before release. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Multiple apps just freeze when going to ads on Roku TV

Thanks for letting us know, @Jackferwerda.

We'd like to know if you're having the same issues as the others. May we know what Roku device you are having issues with? Can you mention specific channels or shows affected by the issue? What have you done so far in attempting to resolve this issue?

Please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Juribe2202

I’ve read and followed all instructions to stop my Roku channel from freezing but it’s still doing it. What’s my next step? Followed these steps
system restart - multiple times

clear cache

uncheck personal ads

checked for updates 

Hello. This is happening to me as well. I have answered the information you requested from the previous person here. Please let me know how you can help. Everything is updated and this is a new issue. 

Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. 
device model No: 4630X

serial number: YR006L454563

device ID: 7KA726454563

OS version: 12.5.0

Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

I tried getting this number but nothing popped up when I pressed this command  

Is it happening on Live TV or on-demand shows? 

it is happening in on-demand shows like Hulu, Peacock & HBO

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Interesting. Has anyone here happen to have seen the other thread on here listed under:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Prime-and-Netflix-crashing-on-Roku-TV/m-p/925908#M40469

Ya think ROKU has issues ??

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We're aware of this issue, and it has been escalated to the appropriate Roku team. We still don't have any updates available about how things are going on.

We'll take care of this information and make sure to forward it to the team for additional review.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cheeks5
Reel Rookie

Same thing here. Seems like this just started when I switched to you tube TV from cable. However after I changed the settings on my router my Internet is better now than before but I still have this problem after trying restart etc. I don't have the app manager option under advanced settings. I have tried restarting router as well as deleting app and reinstalling them.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cheeks5,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concerns about this matter. Please note that the team is hard at work investigating the issue; we still haven't received any feedback back as of the moment, but rest assured that we'll send an update on this thread once we have it.

We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos