Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Multiple apps just freeze when going to ads

Hi, @NorthPortMike

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having a freezing app issue on your Roku TV. We'd like to gather more information for us to look further into this case. Kindly provide the requested information of @RokuJohnB. This information would be helpful.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mlyoung
Reel Rookie

For me, it was NOT live tv, it was watching something I could pause.  And the commercial most likely to freeze was the commercial for Roku.  Because of some HDMI issue, I have to restart Roku every time I turn on the tv, and it had just updated on it’s own.

I also don’t have the “App” specific settings, so I could not try that.

I tried turning off the app tracking and deleting the app tracking token in Privacy and I made it to the end of the movie with no freezing.  Fingers crossed that this fixed it.

0 Kudos
RickDo

Has this been resolved?

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

This has been going on for a very long time. The only thing the we get back from ROKU on here is the same thing "please send us the report.... blah blah, blah..."

We'll never get a straight answer or solution from them on this. Also, if you go and look at many of the topics in this community, it shows you how little they really care.

I just read somewhere that let go of over 200 employees. So howany are left to help? 

No, I believe this room was created to allow consumers the opportunity to vent. It gives hope to ROKU that perhaps these posts will stop from receiving any bad reviews on their products. It also, gives them a bit of hope that we'll just disappear after awhile and just live with it.

I mean heck, ROKU gave me an award for writing so many replies. They thought it was terrific that I was taking part in their community! Obviously, they didn't read any of my posts, 😂...

Nope. Unless we're waiting for a class 🪓 tion nothing more will happen I'm afraid, so we may as well give up. They won't even respond with "it's on our agenda to repair"...I

I'm just going to give it another 2 years b4 I can justify buying a new TV again ugh...

mjackson71
Reel Rookie

No!!!!!! I should have kept and switched to the Google thing I won for Christmas! Now, Roku channel plays 4 commercials abs freezes at end of the last commercial.  EVERY SINGLE TIME, EVERY SINGLE THING I VIEW on Roku channel. Other apps work ok. 

Very frustrating.  You can't even speak to anyone. I have to set up a chat with them.  I really don't think they care,  especially since Roku channel is free. 

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TooTechnical,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Rest assured that we have already forwarded your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team, and we're only waiting for their feedback.

@RickDo @mjackson71,

We regret to hear about this. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Kindly check and follow the troubleshooting steps listed in the support article on how to resolve a channel playback issue and let us know if it fixes the issue.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Dear Eunice,

Now I know you're not serious, right? I mean, really? We not only gave been discussing and complaining about this issue for months on end, we have also have been giving everything all "YOUR" techs have asked...

Now you're throwing a link at us to do what, do some troubleshooting to see if it's our problem? C'mon, you just can't be serious 🤣... I mean, do we all share the same exact problem with different makes and models and we just so happen to be using ROKU? 

Now I know you're just following orders from your big boss to keep us on the sidelines and to keep us from losing our fruit. But guys, y'all lost you're reputation already and my best effort shall be to make sure everyone does everything in their power to get the word out about Roku.

Thanks again for spitting out nothing but nonsense .

0 Kudos
Risa

Just wanted to add my two cents that I have started to have this problem also.  Can't watch a whole episode of an hour show without being dropped off the show after the ads stall.  Had to restart the show three times now and am still not finished with the show. Correct whatever the problem you all are having with the ads or maybe stop the ads until you correct.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mlyoung
Reel Rookie

I tried this from @RokuLianna and it seems to have stopped the issue.  After I did it, I was able to watch the rest of a movie with no issues, and have watch many hours of a TV series with no issues.  I highly recommend you try this.  You can see her other options to try on her post on page 1 of this topic.

• Disable personalized ads: If the issue persists, you may want to disable personalized ads on your Roku device. To do this, go to "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Advertising" > "Limit ad tracking" and turn it on.

There was also a post that said to delete the "cookie" for the Advertizing which is down in those menu's as well. I did both.  The menus might be slightly different depending on your version of Roku device.

And Settings that is referred to here is on the ROKU home page on the left (the list that starts with the word "Home") at the very bottom.  You may have to scroll down in the list to see it. 

Hope this helps someone else.

0 Kudos