Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Re: Multiple apps just freeze when going to ads

As reported under the SUBJECT: Prime and Netflix crashing I'm posting here as well for those only watching this thread:

Finally had a chance to catch one.  While watching Netflix, I stopped watching The Meg about 3 minutes into it and started another movie and noticed a slow down and was sure it was going to crash.  Sure enough, Out to the Main Screen!

So here's the IRT as you asked:
IMG_20231223_133740_Night.jpg

0 Kudos
Cheeks5
Reel Rookie

Here is some of the info you guys have been requesting. This really happens alot on peacock and CW apps for me. I have deleted these apps and reinstalled to no avail. I have rebooted Roku and modem as well.

Roku Secret Screen

Version: AED.50E04178A Build date: 20231019 05:14

Rescue Version: AE9.21R01046A

Active partition: 1

S/N: X004009XDXKF, Device ID: S008326XDXKF

channel store server: api.roku.com (US)

Software update server: beta

Ethernet MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00

Wireless MAC: BC:D7:D4:DF:E6:D8

IP Address: 192.168.0.12

Uptime: 51 min 33 sec

Power Lifetime: 10823.0 hours

UID/GID: 501/501

Factory reset

Cycle channel store server

Cycle software update server

Update software

Cancel

0 Kudos
Cheeks5
Reel Rookie

Here's some more info for you. Would love to get this resolved! Don't want to shop for another product from a competitor with my Xmas money!

Wireless Secret Screen

PALD: No

AP: MOTO84D5, BSSID: c8:c7:50:fc:25:00

Strength: 35

Antenna 1: 61

Antenna 2: 0

Glitch rate: 30

Channel: 6 RSSI: -42 dBm noise: -73 dBm SNR: 35 dB

Joins: 299 tries: 1059 reconn: 1045 aps: 5 sec: WPA2

TX: frames: 2921996 retries: 0 rate: MCS7 PER: 0.00%

RX: frames: 10487905 drops: 0 rate: MCS7 GPF: 0.00 util: 0

Driver: v5.7.3_38093.20231019 reg: US

chip: 8188fu wake: Unset

Error: 0(0) prior: 62(0)

AP S

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for providing us with the requested details, @TooTechnical!

Rest assured that these details have already been forwarded to the relevant team for further review.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Cheeks5.

Thank you for sharing that information with us. 

Could you please include the Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)?

We'll be waiting!

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kimmerwill
Reel Rookie

Sure is a lot of us having the same problem that recently started.  My question is " What has Roku done recently to make this occur ?"

0 Kudos
TooTechnical
Streaming Star

Check out the comments at

https://community.roku.com/t5/Discussions/Prime-and-Netflix-crashing-on-Roku-TV/m-p/928866#M40833

for more info on the issue. Roku has acknowledged the problem but has not provided any updates or timeframe for a solution. You can also find my previous comments by clicking on my profile and searching for my last few comments.

Leaving a review of the product at the point of purchase can help raise awareness of the issue. Negative reviews may be particularly effective in encouraging Roku to take action.

0 Kudos
VTate

I have the same problem and have restarted my modem and my ROKU device. Nothing has worked. Ads are still freezing up and I have to exit and go back in. 

With all of us having this problem, seems like it's ROKU's problem?

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am seeing the same symptom.  No update since 11/23?  Ads freeze in Roku TV.. we have to back out, and scroll forward through the episode to the freeze point, and watch more ads.  Please fix this!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.