Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elketer
Channel Surfer

Low volume issues on MAX app

I have recently begun having an issue with the volume on the MAX app on my 40'' Hisense Roku D201X television running software build 12.0.0.4182.

When you start a movie or show it will begin to play at a "normal" volume level for a split second before the screen briefly changes to a black "loading" screen and then the show will begin playing but the volume will be so low it is inaudible. The only way it can be heard is if you turn the volume up to maximum.

This creates an additional problem when an episode ends and another begins because it will do the same thing, briefly play the new episode at "normal" volume, except now the volume is turned up to a deafeningly load level, for a split second before the black screen and the switch to lower volume. Not only is this shocking but it could result in ruining my speakers.

This issue is currently only happening on the MAX app and only on my Roku TV, not other devices.

I'd really like a fix because it's making MAX unwatchable.

I have already tried making adjustments to the volume settings on the TV and nothing seems to make a difference.

15 REPLIES 15
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Low volume issues on MAX app

Hi @elketer,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this behavior with the MAX channel having an audio issue. We would like to help you with this and resolve the issue. We recommend performing the steps below to resolve the issue.

1. Remove the channel by highlighting it and pressing the star (*) button.
2. Restart the Roku device from Settings > System > System Restart.
3. Install the channel again.

After performing its troubleshooting step, kindly check to see if you notice any difference.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elketer
Channel Surfer

Already tried that several times Kash.

In fact, it was the first thing I tried after checking to see if there were software updates.

I have also power cycled my TV and deleted the cache.

None of the routine "troubleshooting" measures have helped.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @elketer,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We're sorry to hear about the persistent issue you have encountered with the audio on the MAX channel. For us to have a workaround for this issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on MAX channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
elketer
Channel Surfer

Hisense Roku 40H4+

Hardware ID D21X

Software version 12.0.0 build 4182-CP

Serial # X007001U3DGD

Device ID S05Y716U3DGD

Yes, this is only occurring in the MAX app.

MAX

Version 54.1 - build 2

Tracker ID GD-271034

Steps to reproduce are to literally play any content on MAX. It starts to play for a brief second at full volume, the screen suddenly goes black with the white loading circle for another brief second, and when the content begins to play again the volume has dropped to an almost inaudible level.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @elketer,

Thanks for the response!

We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

If there's anything else we can further assist you with aside from this, let us know.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
63g6vg35y35y
Reel Rookie

I'm seeing something similar. Watching max on roku ultra. At some point, often halfway through a show, but sometimes earlier, the volume decreases 20db. I have to turn up the volume on the stereo amp 20db to compensate. Exiting the max app and starting again fixes it until it happens again. Roku ultra is connected to internet via ethernet cat6 to att fiber and HDMI directly to amplifier. Amp detects surround sound fine. When volume decreases, amp does not see a switch from dolby digital to something else. Volume simply decreases suddenly like the gain changed on the Roku output.

0 Kudos
TeeLyn

I just renewed my Max subscription (Been feeling to watch GOT AGAIN) I own a 43 inch TCL Roku T.V. and I noticed last nite the volume for the Max App is EXTREMELY LOW. I even turned it up to the max 100 volume but it STILL WAS SOOOO LOW 🤦‍♀️ I AM SO Blown about this rite now. The Disney + app used to do it on my TV a couple months back just the Disney app and Max was working JUST FINE.. BUT NOW, the Max App is ridiculously LOW LOW IVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING WORKS!! ANYTHING I watch on Max now has to be all the way up at 100 and it STILL has to be QUIET QUIET in my house for me to hear the lower parts of shows and movies. This is crazy 🤦‍♀️🥺🤬

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us and letting us know about the behavior that has been occurring while streaming MAX.

We are interested in gaining further knowledge on this topic in order to determine the source of the problem that you are encountering. Could you please let us know if uninstalling the channel and then restarting your device before bringing it back in helps fix the problem?

Is there a specific piece of content that this issue affects, or does it affect all of the channel's content?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further look into it. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MTHEADED
Reel Rookie

I have found the voices to be way quieter on all streaming channels.  This is an issue with the Roku TV.  They need to fix it.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.