Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HellBound
Streaming Star

Re: Live TV Guide Shows the Time When Last On, Not the Current Time

@RokuCarly Your statement "as every Roku streaming device or TV's information is unique." is BS. No company in their right mind would create a unique device for each individual purchase.

I have figured out the issue and it has nothing to do with the device version. It is a programing code problem.

When I open Live TV the Guide has the correct time (7:30 pm). I will select a channel to watch, the channel loads and the status bar at the bottom now shows (8:30 pm). I then open the guide up again and the time is still 1 hour off (8:30 pm). I then select a different channel to watch and the channel loads and the status bar at the bottom now shows the correct time (7:30 pm). I then open the guide up again and the time is correct (7:30 pm). If I select the previous channel that cause the time to be a hour off, it reverts to the incorrect time again.

The issue is the guide has been programmed to get time from the antenna feed vs. the system time. It is always best practice to get time from a static source like the system time, vs. a dynamic source. Basically what happening is not all TV networks update to Daylight Savings Time (DST) or maintain time drift in their feed. Changing to a static source will resolve the issues.

HellBound
Streaming Star

I recently added the streaming channels to my guide and I'm now experiencing the issue where the time is more than one hour off. I was browsing the guide and all the streaming channel information did not match the program that was playing. I then noticed the Guide time said it was 5:13am when the actually time was 8:30pm. I mentioned what needs to be fixed in my last post. Did anyone forward that to the engineers?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Dear Community members,

We would like to express our sincere gratitude for your support. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that we have taken note of your concerns and shared them with our team.

Rest assured that we will keep you informed of any updates as soon as they become available. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos