Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hosscat65
Reel Rookie

How to adjust resolution for Roku pro series 4K HDR QLED 55" TV ?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku pro series 4K HDR QLED 55" TV.

I have limited band bandwidth with my internet service, is there a way that I can adjust the resolution for streaming to 720P on this TV. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku pro series 4K HDR QLED 55" TV ?

Jump to solution

Hi @Hosscat65,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Roku Community! We understand you're interested in adjusting the resolution on your Roku Pro Series TV.

To add to what @renojim posted, the Roku Pro Series TVs themselves don't have a setting to manually adjust the resolution. Streaming content will automatically adjust to 720p or 1080p based on your available bandwidth.

To check the specific bandwidth requirements for a channel provider, you can visit their website directly. Some popular providers include  NetflixHulu, and Disney Plus. They should have information on their sites about what internet speeds are recommended for their streaming service.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Hosscat65, don't bother going to @RokuJanadeeK 's link.  You can't change the display type on a Roku TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMaryEF
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hosscat65,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Roku Community! We understand you're interested in adjusting the resolution on your Roku Pro Series TV.

To add to what @renojim posted, the Roku Pro Series TVs themselves don't have a setting to manually adjust the resolution. Streaming content will automatically adjust to 720p or 1080p based on your available bandwidth.

To check the specific bandwidth requirements for a channel provider, you can visit their website directly. Some popular providers include  NetflixHulu, and Disney Plus. They should have information on their sites about what internet speeds are recommended for their streaming service.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Mary E.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.