Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricio12345
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense Roku TV only plays apps through the left speaker

Jump to solution
Hey everyone! I was one of the people dealing with the right speaker issue for about two weeks. I saw here that others were having the same problem, but yesterday I noticed someone mentioned that an update had fixed it on their three TVs. When I got home, I tested my speakers, and they still weren’t working. Since the update isn’t always automatic, I went into Settings, found an option called “Software Update” (or something similar), and saw a new update was available. I did the update, which only took a minute or two, and after the TV restarted, the right speaker worked perfectly again.
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up, @Antionette

We have no update to provide at this time, but once more information is available, we'll update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Ricio12345,

Thanks for letting us know about this!

We appreciate your patience and are happy to hear that updating your Hisense Roku TV software resolved the issue.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can look into further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cyb3r3xp3rt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @AdmiralJaden ,

OP here. It looks like they released a new firmware version on October 24th (yesterday) that fixed the issue for some people. You have to manually check for the update though. Let me know if this fixes it for you.

Cyb3r3xp3rt

0 Kudos
Stacks215

Jump to solution

Roku representatives are no help at all, my question is how do they make a tv update and mess up. All to ask of us to show a receipt for prove of purchase to continue the claim. Can’t they just tell me what’s going on. I will no longer buy another tv from Roku I’m switching it’s so bad there’s always something wrong with these tv and they don’t bother to even help. As long as they made their money from dumb people like me to buy it the can care less. 

0 Kudos
RoxyFriday

Jump to solution

Hi,

I checked for a software update but it still says it is up to date. However, shows that it was last updated on October 17th. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.