Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radio-boyWV
Binge Watcher

Fox News App major issues

Jump to solution

I have 3 different Roku units, and three different Internet providers over the past 2 years....keep that in mind. 

The Fox News app is really flawed. It will suddenly pop up, "NO CONNECTION" which means I have to restart Roku. OR.....it will go into a break, and never come out of it, just locked up unless you exit and go back in and sometimes you have to restart it again. This seems to only happen on the :20 break on the hour.

It will also come back out of a break, and play 20 seconds and then repeat it again over and over. You have to restart it again. 

Remember.......3 different units at 3 different Internet providers so I know it ain't on my end, considering the other 30 apps I have on my unit are pretty much flawless and NEVER do stuff like this.

One more, if it comes on and says, "Are you still watching?" When you hit the continue button, it hangs at 13% and just sits there until you exit, and possibly restart it. 

I really don't think this is a Roku problem, I think it's a Fox News problem, but how can you even tell them anything? It would seem that the Roku people would have an avenue to tell them to overhaul the entire thing. This is the worst app I've ever seen.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Fox News App major issues

Jump to solution

Hi @Marksman,

We appreciate having you here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having issues with the Fox News app. We're happy to help.

Are you seeing any error messages when accessing this app? May we know if following the steps on how to resolve a channel playback issue will help you?

Also, is this a stand-alone channel? If so, we would recommend that you reach out to Fox News support directly for further assistance, as they are the best ones who could help you with their channel's functionality.

We hope this helps. You can keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
56 REPLIES 56
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Radio-boyWV,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Fox News channel. We're happy to assist you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cgtheboy

Jump to solution

I have to stream it from my laptop . The Roku app is so bad . It was fine when Foxnow was a thing .

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, @cgtheboy.

May we know what error message are you getting? Also, kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

100% perfectly explained issues. My issues are identical and I have rebooted my TV / WIFI etc….

SAME issues as you.

i would LOVE to hear a solution thst actually works!

Thanks 

DPP1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  And I am logged on to Xfinity.  I have restarted, uninstalled, and reinstalled the app several times.  No show will load.

DPP1
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No error message - just nothing but the selection screen for days now.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! @BeachBum1226, @DPP1,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues right now with the Fox News app channel. As you've gone through troubleshooting steps and confirmed that your Roku device is up to date and all other channels are working normally, we’ll need to get you in touch with the channel publisher directly for further assistance here. Please contact them directly to follow up and let them know what troubleshooting steps you’ve already attempted.

Thanks,

Arjiemar   

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chrismore

Jump to solution

I also have endless problems with the FoxNews App.   Buggy as **bleep** ! 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @chrismore!

We sincerely regret to hear about the experience with the app. We'd like to know more about your concerns so we can provide you with an accurate resolution.

Kindly specify the issues you have been experiencing within the app so we can offer some troubleshooting methods to help you get back on streaming. 

Please be also aware that the channel provider, FoxNews App, is the one who provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform. In the meantime, you can try to highlight the app and press the star* button on your remote to help you update it. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos