Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 50” Hisense Roku TV Keeps Rebooting

I'm having the same issue with my 43in hisense roku tv and have been since I purchased it brand new I contacted roku multiple times and hisense neither one is willing to take responsibility at first I originally thought it was my internet since we were having issues with it at our old apartment but once it was fixed the TV still had the same problems I did every single trouble shooting I can to fix it I spent hours on the phone with roku and hisense on multiple occasions and did virtual chats as well just for each of them to shift the blame to the other as far as a fix I have to completely factory reset atleast several times a month to try to help it usually it will work for a few days and then go back to kicking me out of my apps and just turning off and on by itself going from hisense screen to flashing sometimes to black and then eventually to the main home screen 

0 Kudos
KorieG
Reel Rookie

Re: Hisense roku boot loop

• Issues started 4-5 months ago. The issue started it would only do this when using some apps, such as Prime, MAX, and Paramount+. Now the problems are not discriminating; it randomly happens regardless of the app being used, including the Roku app. 
  • There was not an update, or anything else, that I am aware of that triggered this. Software version: 13.1.4 build 1510-94
  • It was, now it is any/all
  • It reboots when we are in the middle of watching something we don't want to be interrupted. In a 3-4 hour period when we are home and watching TV, or on the weekends, it could restart 3-4 times until I turn it off because I can't stand it anymore.
  • I believe I have tried everything. I have talked to Roku support twice and Hisense support twice and went through all of the troubleshooting steps on each occasion. Hisense support says it is a Roku issue and Roku support says it is a Hisense issue, nobody will take responsibility for fixing this TV.

In addition, I purchased a 4 year service plan when I bought the TV on 2/9/22 and am now being told        whatever is wrong is not covered, yet they don't know what is wrong, and nobody knows how to fix it.      Basically, Roku says it is a hardware issue and Hisense says it is a Roku software issue. Which is it?

MODEL: 58R6E3

SN: 58G21186LH10457

MF DATE: 8/20/2021

HARDWARE ID: C232X

SN: X00100Y26DE9

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KorieG,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We acknowledge the information you provided and will update our team with this. As we work on the issue, we hope for your patience and understanding.

Further developments about the investigation will be updated in this thread.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krobin66

I’m having the same issue and my 75 inch is about 3-4 years old as well . Did you have any luck ? Or have you purchased another TV by now 

0 Kudos
Jen82
Channel Surfer

I didn't have any luck and after providing them all the info they asked for, they've not responded and helped in any way. I've been shopping around. 

Krobin66

This is really a bummer!!! I wonder if it’s the brand that’s not good quality. Everyone on here seems to be having this same issue. That’s not good for business. I won’t by anymore of their products 

0 Kudos
Jen82
Channel Surfer

We've decided against Hisense and Roku. Going in a different direction altogether.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Krobin66@Jen82,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and are doing our best to get back to you soon. The team is hard at work investigating the issue. As of now, we still haven't received any feedback, but rest assured that we'll send the update once we have it.

In the meantime, @Krobin66, please provide us with the required details so we can send our engineering team additional information for the investigation.

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken.

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we investigate this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KorieG
Reel Rookie

@RokuJechealR This thread with this issue dates back 6 months, today. Do you have a timeline for resolution? I feel that is a reasonable request at this point.

0 Kudos
VO9
Channel Surfer

@RokuTakashi 

It's been a few months now and my TV is still rebooting.  Have an resolution been made as to the rebooting issue 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.