Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pixel
Reel Rookie

Accidentally chose "don't ask again" for bandwidth saver on Newsmax. How can I restore?

Jump to solution

I wasn't paying close enough attention (I've never had the choice to "Don't ask again for this channel") when the bandwidth saver message came on asking if I wanted to continue, and I accidentally chose it. How can I restore this to the default of turning off streaming after four hours? I often fall asleep or don't get back to the room I was watching something in and don't want to use up bandwidth needlessly.  I'm not sure if the problem is with Newsmax or Roku.

I just subscribed to the Newsmax channel and was going to delete it and reinstall, but apparently I can't delete it since it's a paid subscription.

Since I have several TVs and Roku devices, I didn't want to reset them all to factory settings (if that would help) if there was an easier solution.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Accidentally chose "don't ask again" for bandwidth saver on Newsmax. How can I restore?

Jump to solution

Hi, @pixel.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to assist you in turning on the bandwidth saver.

Here are the steps:

1. Press Home Button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Bandwidth saver
  5. Choose On/Off
  • Note: Some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver.

For more information, you may visit this support article on how to use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over your internet data cap

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuReynan-L
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Accidentally chose "don't ask again" for bandwidth saver on Newsmax. How can I restore?

Jump to solution

Hi, @pixel.

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We'd be happy to assist you in turning on the bandwidth saver.

Here are the steps:

1. Press Home Button on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Network
  4. Select Bandwidth saver
  5. Choose On/Off
  • Note: Some streaming channels employ their own mechanism to cease data usage after a specific period of inactivity. These features will not be affected when you disable Bandwidth Saver.

For more information, you may visit this support article on how to use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over your internet data cap

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Reynan

Reynan L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pixel
Reel Rookie

Re: Accidentally chose "don't ask again" for bandwidth saver on Newsmax. How can I restore

Jump to solution

Thanks, I turned it off then on again, so I'll see if that works after the Newsmax app has been running for four hours.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.