Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tapatz

No volume mode on my tcl Roku tv

Jump to solution

I had them, now I don't.  Roku tv and ads are blaring.  Can't sound level now   If I can't resolve I am switching to a different streaming.  Fire tv doesn't do this.  Is this related to the CALM legislation that used to keep ad volume levels even with programming levels that applied to cable tv but not streaming.  Until the new bill is passed are certain streamers like Roku going to take advantage of the lull?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No volume mode on my tcl Roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @Denalw17,

Thanks for contacting us about the issue you ran into in the Roku Community!

Do you have Roku wireless speakers connected to your Roku TV? If none, please be advised that a Roku TV does not support volume modes when Roku wireless speakers are not connected.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

" please be advised that a Roku TV does not support volume modes when Roku wireless speakers are not connected."

This needs to be marked as the answer.

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi! @Tapatz,

Thank you for visiting the Roku Community! 

The fact that you brought up audio leveling is appreciated. Happy to help.

When streaming a movie or TV show or watching content from another device on your Roku TV (e.g., cable set-top box, Blu-rayTM player), you can enable Automatic Volume Leveling or Night Mode from the options menu described below.

Follow these steps to change the volume mode during playback.

1. Start playback.
  2. Press the Star button on your Roku remote.
  3. Select Advanced Sound Settings.
  4. Use the directional pad to switch volume mode to the desired setting. The directional pad is plus-shaped and is in the center of your Roku remote.
    • Off: Volume modes are inactive, and content volume is unmodified.
    • Leveling: This enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment, so you do not have to change the book every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
    • Night: The volume of soft sounds like whispering is increased while the volume of loud sounds like explosions is decreased, making it easier to hear your TV at night without disturbing others.

In some streaming channels, the Star button is assigned a different function, meaning it will not open the options menu as described above. You must launch another channel, such as the Roku Channel, and follow the steps above. Once the volume mode is switched, the setting will remain when you return to the original channel.

More information can be found in this support article: Enable volume modes during playback.

Best regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Denalw17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have this same problem. Those instructions don’t work. I have a new model and I don’t understand why it’s not offered. I’ve looked at all possible audio settings and nothing 😞

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Denalw17,

Thanks for contacting us about the issue you ran into in the Roku Community!

Do you have Roku wireless speakers connected to your Roku TV? If none, please be advised that a Roku TV does not support volume modes when Roku wireless speakers are not connected.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

" please be advised that a Roku TV does not support volume modes when Roku wireless speakers are not connected."

This needs to be marked as the answer.

Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉
Denalw17
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Welp that clarifies it then! Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Denalw17,

Thanks for keeping us updated in the Roku Community!

We're glad we enlightened you with our response. If you have any other concerns aside from this, please don't hesitate to keep us posted.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I sure have more to say about this. It's pretty stupid that a tech that's available in the boxes isn't available on every single Roku product available. It should be standard on every product! Ridiculous that it isn't.

0 Kudos
Cfoulon

Jump to solution

I can’t seem to find the volume mode that would reduce the blaring TV ads.

I can’t seem to find the volume mode that would reduce the blaring TV ads. I followed all the instructions on YouTube videos and forms, but this doesn’t seem to be an option at all on my TLC Roku native TV even with system updates through 11/1/23.

Any update on why this might not be possible or where I could set this?

0 Kudos
MrXxx
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you're referring to volume leveling, are you pressing star on your remote and accessing sound settings through that menu? Is it disable? If it is, then it only works with certain Roku speakers. Doesn't bother me because I run my sound through line level out of the HDMI eArc output then through an audio compressor. But I'm a recording engineer so I already had the know how. My ONN Roku TV speakers are total **bleep**.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.