Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

I believe the login time-out is about 2 hours. I find as long as I open at least one post in that time I stay logged in without an issue. I miss the former forum software that permitted full-time login, as I am in and out of the site multiple times every day. It's annoying when I have to log back in. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
smithjohns407
Reel Rookie

Re: Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

It sounds frustrating that you're having trouble signing into Firefox or your Roku account. If clicking "verify" just reloads the same page without progressing, that does sound like a frustrating loop. It seems like you've found a workaround by using Chrome instead. Sometimes different browsers can handle things differently. Have you tried clearing your cache or cookies in Firefox to see if that helps resolve the issue?

0 Kudos

Re: [Discussion] Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

It can be really frustrating to deal with those human verification steps from Cloudflare, especially when they seem to pop up every time you try to log into something as simple as the Roku Community. Unfortunately, these checks are usually there to protect against bots and malicious activity, but I agree—it can feel a bit over the top when you’re just trying to access your account. Hopefully, it’s just a temporary measure and not something you have to deal with long-term!

0 Kudos
woolmer
Reel Rookie

I also face the same situation

0 Kudos
woolmer
Reel Rookie

Now required to confirm I'm human via Cloudflare for Roku Community.

I’ve been running into a bit of a headache lately with logging into the Roku Community. Every time I try to access my account, I’m hit with this Cloudflare verification that makes me prove I’m human. It hasn’t been the usual picture-based challenge so far, but it’s starting to feel pretty excessive. Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s getting a bit ridiculous. 😊

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Now required to confirm I'm human via Cloudflare for Roku Community.

@woolmer-

You are not alone.  These login confirmations for the Community forums have gotten TERRIBLE in the last few weeks.  Seldom does solving the initial "click on the images" puzzle satisfy the system, but it puts you through many additional iterations, sometimes to the point of just giving up.

One trick that helps SOMETIMES is to click on the headphones icon under the picture grid.  This plays a short sound file and you type in what you heard - even just a single word you could hear clearly.  Usually for me this satisfies the system the first time.

Paging Roku employees @RokuAustin, @RokuERey, @RokuMaryEF, and any other moderators for follow up.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

"Ugh, I know the feeling! It’s frustrating when you’re just trying to log in and keep hitting these extra hurdles. Hopefully, it’s just a temporary glitch or a security measure that will smooth out soon. Hang in there!"

0 Kudos
luckypkr

If you're being prompted to verify that you're a human by Cloudflare, it typically means that Cloudflare's security system has flagged your activity as potentially suspicious. This verification step, which often involves completing a CAPTCHA, helps to ensure that automated bots are not accessing the website. This can occur due to unusual traffic patterns, an IP address with a questionable reputation, or issues with your browser's cookies and cache. To resolve this, you can complete the CAPTCHA, clear your browser's cookies and cache, try a different browser or device, or check if you're using a VPN or proxy. If the problem persists, contacting the website's support team may provide further assistance.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.