Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SingleMajority
Roku Guru

Re: YouTube do you wish to proceed racist

I can listen to rock songs about weed or country songs about weed without hitting "do you wish to proceed " it's only rap music it won't let me listen to because roku is racist 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

So you’ve been saying Roku is or is in bed with various whatever-ists for over a year now, but you kept the roku and dropped all other platforms?  I guess the other ones were even worse?  In any case, since you don’t have the other platforms, we don’t know if a modern youtube app on them has this same feature/issue. 

Which brings us back to: It’s Google’s app.  You should contact them about its feature set.  If poor little google was forced to comply with Roku’s extremist, monarchist, analogist, rationalist, exclusionist, incrementalist, occultist, insurrectionist, totemist, constructionist, ritualist, neocolonialist, industrialist, expansionist, disunionist, secularist policy, I’m sure they’ll let you know.

Banned but back. Because why not?
SingleMajority
Roku Guru

I guess you've never been laid off and had to sell stuff to pay the bills. I enjoyed my consoles but they keep making me pay rent every month. 

You simply can't answer if it's up to Google why is the app on Roku coded completely differently from every other YouTube app in such a way as to make it unusable for major sections of content? No other YouTube app works like this on any platform I've used or seen used only Roku. So why would Google do a super annoying custom code tweak to censor content on Roku and only Roku unless Roku forced them to?

Because they're racist fascists. 

0 Kudos
SingleMajority
Roku Guru

Roku has done this when I had other platforms I just ignored it because I had options. So i do know it is roku specific and only roku specific 

When I visit my parents no device they own does this. It is roku and only roku that censors youtube for everyone 

0 Kudos
SingleMajority
Roku Guru

Because they're racist 

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

LOL – OK whatever. But if you ever want to find out anything, ask Google, since it’s their app, and Roku will tell you to ask Google because it’s Google's app. Even if they were forced to do it, they’ll know they did it and why.

Maybe ask them to remove it from assimilationist, antimonarchist roku. Or just have them buy anticapitalist neocolonialist roku and force them to be more pantisocratist.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@SingleMajority-

I don't happen to care for rap so I don't normally listen to it, but I went into YouTube and played a few rap songs to try to check out your complaint.   I didn't encountering what you are reporting.

Can you give me some examples of songs that ask you if you wish to proceed so I can try them out?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Strega2
Roku Guru

By the way, here are Roku developer terms and agreements.  I haven’t read them, but maybe you can find something that interests you.

https://developer.roku.com/docs/features/legal/developer-terms.md

SingleMajority
Roku Guru

I'm not a law guy and don't need to be. Roku is the only one with the racist YouTube app that won't play rap music about weed without a warning prompy.

No other device does this it is roku specific behavior so it's rokus fault. Because they're racists and in bed with Christian dominionists and fascists. 

0 Kudos
SingleMajority
Roku Guru

Every time with this playlist 

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL28227AD97EE82A86 

0 Kudos