Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
glennh3365
Channel Surfer

USA Network's shows are inaccessible

Jump to solution

I can't access shows on USA. When I select a show, it simply puts me back on the Roku home screen. I went through the activation steps, which, by the way, you have to go to NBC, not USA, to find the screen for the activation code.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: USA Network's shows are inaccessible

Jump to solution

@glennh3365 

USA is owned by NBCUniversal, so the part about getting the code from them makes sense.

If the app loads, and allows you to authenticate (all NBCUniversal apps must use the same provider for authentication), but the app crashes when you go to play a video, you should reinstall the app.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Don't skip a step, nor do the steps in any other order. Gotta be all three in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@glennh3365 

USA is owned by NBCUniversal, so the part about getting the code from them makes sense.

If the app loads, and allows you to authenticate (all NBCUniversal apps must use the same provider for authentication), but the app crashes when you go to play a video, you should reinstall the app.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Don't skip a step, nor do the steps in any other order. Gotta be all three in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Louiecottingham How are you trying to access USA Network?  An app or part of a streaming service like YouTubeTV?  We need more information.  Also exactly what is happening app will not load, etc...

0 Kudos