Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

Hi, @Stemp29

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate you for providing the follow-up information. We'd like to investigate this issue further, and could you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It seems like Roku has not really done anything with this issue since it was first reported. I am just glad that I have both Firesticks and Google TV boxes on all three of my tvs since there is no issue with YouTube TV on these two devices. I will continue just to use my Roku streambar for the sound only, and use either a Firestick or Google TV box until this issue is fixed.

jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I completely agree. I watch YTTV more than any other streaming app, and I cannot get past this issue during playback. So Roku is going to lose a customer as I switch to Chromecast or some other device. It seems to be a memory management problem, it even happens on the Ultra (not just the Stick) so I don't know what kind of update needs to happen to resolve this.

Stemp29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't think you understand that is not a channel having this problem.  It is the menu where Live, Home, and Library is.  When I am going from one basketball game to the next while in the Home menu that is when it happens.  It is o.k. if you can finally get to the game. Getting to the game is the problem.  All these lines appear and you can't even see what you are clicking on.  Forget about joining the game where you were.  Can't even see that option!  As I said before, my screen is just like the previous pictures that have been submitted.  Horrible!  I have two different Roku's on two of tv's and both are doing it.  It is obvious Roku is having a problem.  I am using my new firestick on one of the televisions that was having a problem, and it is perfect!  So until Roku solves this problem, I will be using my firestick and buy two more for other televisions.  If Roku doesn't solve this problem there will probably be a lot of people using other devices to access Youtube Tv!  I will not be doing anything to help solve the problem other than buying firesticks.  It is not my problem to solve since so many other people are beginning to report this problem.

MitchellLane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same issue with the YTTV home menu. When you scroll down a couple pages you get missing covers and corrupted elements. I recently tried a factory reset but didn't help. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MitchellLane,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate your report on this playback issue going on when accessing the YouTube TV channel.

It seems like we've gone through different troubleshooting on the app, and we'll need to dig in more about this. Please do share with us the information requested by @RokuTakashi.

We'll be able to forward this over to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation once we have it available.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fishface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My problem continues and is only with scanning for programs and only with YTTV 🙁.

MitchellLane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've opened a case with Google. If I make any progress I'll share. 

procyon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue. Problem persists. Please address it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @procyon,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the YouTube TV channel. Could you elaborate more about the troubleshooting steps that you have taken so far? Is this happening only on one channel?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                    John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos