Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
procyon
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV appearance problem

Jump to solution

John the issue is well documented on this thread.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This is acknowledged, @procyon.

In this case, have you tried reaching out to YouTube's Support for further clarification and assistance? If not, it is highly suggested. 

Furthermore, we'd be more than willing to coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to include your device in the process of investigation and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo or a short video clip of the pixelated screen you are currently seeing on this channel.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edrhathaway
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

having same issue if you could allow posting of a video i could show you

0 Kudos
MitchellLane
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My case with Google has been moved to engineering. I'll report back when they reply. 

scriptatious
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem with the entire screen pixelating while navigating. Hard to even find a channel because you can’t see the menus through the pixelation. I just got Youtube tv a couple days ago for the first time. I have heard so many good things about it. What a disappointment. All other roku apps work flawlessly and have for years. I will not be keeping Youtube tv if this keeps up!

0 Kudos
Stemp29
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had not thought about it, but my Roku works fine on other apps besides Youtube tv.  My Youtube tv works fine where I was having the same problems with Youtube tv as you by changing to a Firestick.  It seems to be some type of interaction between Roku and Youtube tv.  They are both fine if they are not used together.  Roku does not seem like they are addressing the issue at all.  I have three tv's doing it, but now I only have two because I changed one to a Firestick a few weeks ago, and the issue is now gone on that tv.  I thought I had rather buy a Firestick than get rid of Youtube tv.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @edrhathaway @scriptatious!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, we suggest reaching out to YouTube's Support for further clarification regarding this matter. Moreover, we'd be more than willing to report this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and to determine the cause. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • A photo or a short video clip of the pixelated screen you are currently seeing on this channel. (if you'd like to provide us with a video clip of it, you can download it on Google Drive and provide us the link)

We'll be anticipating your response as your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
procyon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Making YOUR loyal customers contact google is outrageous.  It's YOUR platform, FIX IT.

jcaparula
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

FWIW I did formally contact YTTV support and reported the issue. Maybe if enough of us do it something will happen. But yes, the fact that this issue only happens on Roku devices makes me think it's a Roku issue.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick response, @procyon @jcaparula!

In this case, we'd be happy to coordinate this with our relevant Roku team for further investigation. Kindly provide us with the following details requested above as this will serve as your report tracker so we can investigate the devices affected. 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos