Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Washed out colors when streaming some content from the Peacock TV channel

Hello @Hayuesen,

Thanks for sharing this concern with us.

Disabling HDR somehow sorts out issues with display for other users. Have you tried performing the steps mentioned to reproduce the issue prior to canceling your subscription? If so, may we know if it works for you?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hayuesen
Reel Rookie

I did indeed, to no avail.   I tried altering the display settings in many ways, but the screen remained washed out.  It was specific to the Peacock streaming.  Other services (Prime, Netflix, etc...) experienced no such issues.  In the end, I wasn't watching Peacock enough to go to any additional effort.  

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

We understand and appreciate the information about this issue going on when trying to access content on PeacockTV.

Could you tell us, aside from changing the display, have you tried using the common troubleshooting steps of removing, restarting, and adding the channel to see if there's any difference after that?

If the issue persists, we would also suggest contacting the channel support team and getting help about it.

Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sims5487
Reel Rookie

I am watching Peacock on my Roku TCL TV and having the same issue with the extremely low-contrast image. I did the troubleshooting in the thread and none of it worked. I also ultimately had to Disable HDR in the developer menu in order to get "normal" colors.

For what it's worth, I have also had this issue with the ESPN app on the same device (if you search for something like "ESPN roku washed out" you'll find similar threads)

When it's enabled I get the "HDR" icon in the corner but it doesn't seem like the device "applies" it to the incoming raw feed, if that makes sense.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing this experience @sims5487,

We want to clarify, was the issue with the Peacock channel on your Roku TCL TV fixed after disabling HDR? How about on ESPN? Were these the only channels affected by the problem on your device?

We hope to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sims5487
Reel Rookie

The issue was only "fixed" after disabling HDR, insofar as the color is back to an expected normal range. But I wouldn't agree that having to disable HDR to watch an HDR feed is "fixing" the real issue. I've had to do this when watching both Peacock and ESPN. I don't watch any other channels that feed HDR, so I have no idea if the issue would repeat itself elsewhere.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sims5487,

We appreciate you keeping us updated!

It's our pleasure to hear that the issue you've been facing has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort and understanding. If the issue persists, please don't hesitate to keep us posted, and let's see what else we can do.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sims5487
Reel Rookie

The issue was not resolved

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us updated, @sims5487

We'd like to collect additional information from here for us to work on the issue. Could you please provide the following information as requested by @RokuJohnB above this thread? this would allow us to update the information to the appropriate Roku team for a fix.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hayuesen
Reel Rookie

I have been contacted several times about this.   Turning the HDR off did not resolve the issue for me.   As I said, I wasn't watching Peacock that much so I just cancelled my subscription.  None of my other streaming services (Netflix, Prime, etc...) have this issue.