Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMH3
Binge Watcher

Re: Tennis Channel won’t open & unable to uninstall/reinstall

Jump to solution

I’ve installed official Roku app on my tablet which allowed me to remove Tennis Channel app which is version 1.0 build 29. I next went to the Roku channel store and identified version as 9.0. I added it to my Roku Ultra LT model 4662X. However, this newly reinstalled app does not open. Also clicking on the icon displays that it is version 1.0 build 29. Any ideas? It appears that the current 9.0 version which is dated May 14, 2024 won’t install. May 14th is about the date this Roku app stopped opening.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There's something messed up with the app.  I see Tennis Channel+ with a black icon if I search the Channel Store online, but "Tennis Channel" with a green icon if I search on my Roku device.  Either way, "Tennis Channel+" version 1.0 build 29 is installed.  This will take someone from the Tennis Channel or maybe a moderator like @RokuMaryEF to figure out what's going on.

@JMH3, the app opens for me, but I don't have a subscription.  After you removed it, did you restart your Roku device from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (depending on your Roku model) before you installed it again?  If not, try again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JMH3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

After removing the Tennis Channel Roku channel from my Roku Ultra LT, I rebooted the Roku box by unplugging it and waited at least a full minute before powering it back on and reinstalling Tennis Channel from Roku channel menu. Unfortunately, it reinstalled 1.0. Version and not the 9.0 Version displayed on the Roku channel menu. It did not open. I’ve since started a ticket on this issue with Tennis Channel. Obviously time consuming and frustrating. I am able to view TC+ on my iPad, but would prefer to view it on my TV.

0 Kudos
conione91

Jump to solution

This must be a Tennis Channel issue - the icon turned black and I cannot log in on ROKU or my computer.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Tennis channel. We're happy to assist.

Could you give the basic troubleshooting sequence below a try?
  1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact channel support, as they may know about this issue. Further, they are the best ones who could assist you with their channel functionality on the Roku platform.

Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

All 5 TVs stopped working - Tennis Channel now goes immediately back to Main Menu - the app starts to load, briefly then main menu - all other apps work great, netflix, disney, hulu,espn - 

Same symptom on the Roku stick, a Roku TV and Roku Soundbar.  And no symptoms on Android, macOS, iOS, Win10/11 - those all work.  Ive done everything short of factory reset a roku device.

BUT I DID SOLVE THIS - by purchasing a Fire TV Max stick and installing on all the affected TVs - they each have at least one HDMI port available - i now have Tennis channel back on the TVS by switching to the Fire Stick TV input --- its a quick fix, once you do one, you can clone the rest.

0 Kudos
JMH3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’ve uninstalled, rebooted Roku and reinstalled TC Channel twice. However, TC app still won’t open. All trouble shooting instructions have been completed multiple times without success. Ticket is pending with Tennis Channel tech support. I’m taking no further action at this time to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Alangara

Jump to solution

Hi, I also have exactly this same problem. App won't open just as described. The solution mentioned doesn't work for me. Based on other comments it doesn't work for others either. 

0 Kudos
Skc2024

Jump to solution

Having the same problem- is there an eta on fixing this? I pay for TC Plus to watch these matches annually??

0 Kudos
Skc2024

Jump to solution

No option to remove app since I’m in an active subscription. Other users cancelling and saying that doesn’t work either??

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.