Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebigjd

The Chosen app won't accept my Roku login

Jump to solution

I used my Roku login to go into The Chosen app. It tells me that my login information is incorrect. What can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The Chosen app won't accept my Roku login

Jump to solution

You never use your Roku account credentials on a Roku device.  I know that sounds odd, but your device is already linked to your Roku account; entering your Roku credentials would be redundant.  No provider has access to your Roku credentials.

The app is looking for whatever credentials you've established with them.  If you haven't established any yet, it's asking for you to create an account specifically for them.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
renojim

Jump to solution

You never use your Roku account credentials on a Roku device.  I know that sounds odd, but your device is already linked to your Roku account; entering your Roku credentials would be redundant.  No provider has access to your Roku credentials.

The app is looking for whatever credentials you've established with them.  If you haven't established any yet, it's asking for you to create an account specifically for them.

Jump to solution

i am having the same problem.  i did try creating a new login and I got the message that my email address is already in use.  Yet it won't let me login with my email and roku password either.  still confused!  Help!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Jillianna59, please read what I wrote above.  I don't know how to make it any more clear.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Jillianna59 

Go the website https://watch.thechosen.tv/ and look near the upper right and select "Log In".

The same username and password that allows you to login at the Chosen website will be the same username and password that you need to use to login to the Chosen channel/app on your Roku device.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jump to solution

I'm sorry but this isn't helpful

0 Kudos
Merreltc

The Chosen channel keeps closing during launch

Jump to solution

I have an older Roku Ultra from 2015 or 2017 - I can't quite remember.

When The Chosen channel was first available, I added it to my Roku and was able to watch all the episodes of the first 3 seasons and bonus footage. We have tried to launch the app to watch season 4, but all that happens is the title screen showing up, blinking, and then returning to home.

I'm not sure when this started. I know in February/March we were able to launch and use this channel and now we can't.

I tried to remove/re-add the channel and I've tried removing it, restarting the device, and re-adding the channel after that. There are no updates available on the device or the channel.

Not sure what's left to try here.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.