Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerrylopez
Reel Rookie

Re: Stop the spanish ads on english language chosen content!!!!

You know the ads you are airing. You don’t need us to tell you what they are. We have complained and you do not care. You already sold us your device and added to your bottom line. You are not the only streaming service to choose from. I will be switching to another and strongly encourage everyone offended by your decision to do the same. If you think all the illegals will buy your device then you are delusional. They need a job first. I’m done with you ! 

motoderf

Yea stop the Spanish ads!!!

USA  language is English !!

jmboku

People should not be forced to "get used to it" That is the "entitlement" mentality and is just plain wrong and insulting!

ROKU is just too lazy. ROKU can easily develop software that can filter Spanish language content out for those users who have selected English as the preferred language. Also NO! Other platforms do NOT randomly provide Spanish language content. The other platforms know how to filter content correctly. So PLEASE ROKU, write your software to filter out Spanish language content. 

jmboku

ROKU, I understand "You would be more than willing to further review this commercial concern"

BUT SERIOUSLY? You actually don't even know where these Ads are running? That is pathetic.

How does your Advertising Dept or your Advertisers track where and how effective your advertising is. I  believe your Advertising Dept KNOWS these statistics.

So do NOT ask your customers to do your homework for you!!! Wow, how naïve can you be?

Talk to your own Departments and figure it out NOW!!!

MrXxx
Roku Guru

istockphoto-1042788950-612x612.jpg

onn Roku 43" TV model 100012584 running version 12.0.0
Twenty plus years of online experience as a web developer, general user and consumer. Recording engineer. Sixty plus years of troubleshooting and problem solving in several fields. Here to help and get help when I have issues with Roku. Nothing more. Not here to socialize. That's what real life is for. 😉

I am American and speak English, I don't want foreign language commercials

SerenityNow
Streaming Star

He said: 

“Look at all the English speakers who think they were here first.”

He likes to argue it seems & is bothered by others commenting that they would prefer their content be in English. 😎😊

0 Kudos
LilMama54

The answer is obviously spot on because every single channel + Sling is now showing mostly Spanish commercials; I swapped to streaming to avoid commercials but still have to watch a bazillion commercials but now they are in a language I don’t speak or understand. No offense but if I move to another Country I’m going to try my best to use their language not expect the entire Country to cater to my language. Just sayin’

Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgive me but, I just don't understand the anger from an ad in a different language. Me? I have at least 100 more important things to be concerned about.  So an ad is in Spanish? I literally could not care less about it. You like ads that much? How about hit the TV's mute button. Then you don't have to hear it.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

@LilMama54 

Streaming has nothing to do with whether you have ads.  Both business models are practiced on various delivery mechanisms.  And you don’t have to watch anything, including commercials.  I can tell you that in the last year I’ve watched no commercials on Roku. (besides those homescreen ads which I find easy to ignore.)

That said, as one who doesn’t like commercials myself, I think a commercial in a language I don’t speak would be a “win”.  Ie: it would indicate that I had received several minutes of my chosen entertainment absolutely free.

BTW I appreciate that you’d try to learn a local language in another county, but Americans in general have an extremely poor reputation for adapting to local conditions. Many of my silliest travel stories are about other Americans.  In any case when the advertiser is paying for your amusement, they call the shots.  Their target demographic may know English but the paying customer may feel his ad will be more effective in their native language.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.